We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great place to watch the Bruins game

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Great place to watch the Bruins game

I am coming to Boston this weekend to go to the Monday night Bruins game.....I was wondering if anyone could recommend a great place to watch the game on Saturday night......I am staying in the Back Bay area.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

If you are a Bruins fan, the best place to watch the Bruins is at The Fours on Canal Street. Canal Street is located across from the TD Garden and easy T line from the Back Bay. Just hop on the Green Line to North Station. But I'm assuming since you are from Edmonton that you are not a cheering for the Bruins, unfortunately, booze and Bruins fans do not go well together. I would recommend staying away from Canal Street and watch the game in bar in the Back Bay. Champions might be a good place for you.

http://www.thefours.com/

http://www.championsboston.com/

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k440290…

Edmonton, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

Thanks for the Info.......Actually I am a HUGE Bruins fans and have been since I was little so that is why I am coming to Boston cause there is a no better time to make a trip to Boston and watch them play.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

I have been pushing Champions a little.

One of the local shows was promoting it over the weekend. I think the stats on some of the tvs are 12 by 24.

Wherever you may be staying, you will be able to walk to your hotel. Any of the typical places to watch a B's game, will be packed. Champions will be busy, but you will still be able to have some walking around room.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

Since you are a Bruins fan then I would go to Canal Street.

Go Bruins!

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,063 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

Another alternative is Jerry Remy's Bar and Grill--there are two locations, one near Fenway Park (on Boylston St.) and one on the waterfront.

http://www.jerryremys.com/index.html

Every bar will have the game on, but there are advantages to watching on hockey on big screens, like at Champions and Jerry Remy's.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

I am one of those people who stays far away from where any championship game is being played unless I have tickets...something about wading through masses of drunk suburban teenagers who are trying to knock over newspaper boxes/climb light poles after the game just doesn't scream "fun" to me.

The game will literally be on everywhere with a television, so it depends what makes a bar "great" for you. Any of the larger sports bars mentioned already will be good because of the TVs, but go early if you want a seat.

Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

Hi,

I would go with Champions as well if it is about watching the game and you are not a foodie.

If it is about food and game, try the new Jerry Remy's in the Seaport area. Believe it or not Jerry Remy's in the Seaport is better than the original over by Fenway.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

bstngal:

Nice observation about Jerry Remy's, and I agree. Funny how this happens. For years, I would only go to the Legals in Kendall Square, Cambridge. Even the LTK in seaport was not that good, imho. This new legals in the seaport is already head and shoulders above the other locations.

Edmonton, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

Thank you so much for all the info....I think no matter where we end up we will have a blast....so looking forward to my trip.

Edmonton, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Great place to watch the Bruins game

Thank you so much for all the info....I think no matter where we end up we will have a blast....so looking forward to my trip.