We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

new orleans
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

We will be traveling to Boston for the first time in June. We have Hilton honors points so we are looking for a Hampton inn that is closest to all the tourist areas. Which one is closest to the attractions Cambridge or Crosstown? We don't mind using public transportation but I don't want to spend all my time traveling.

Also my son is doing an internship in Meredith New Hampshire so we plan to go there over the weekend. Is there easy public transit to

Meridith or would it be better to rent a car

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,817 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

I like the cambridge location better. I've never stayed at either, but you can check reviews right here on TA

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60745-d320038-…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60890-d253110-…

As for Meredith ... I don't know of any public transportation. I'd say it would be best to get a car

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,819 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

Instead of a Hampton Inn, how about a "regular" Hilton hotel - either the Financial District or Back Bay? Much better locations and hotels.

new orleans
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

Thanks for the replies. I am trying to get most out of our points - but after reading the reviews I think I may need to look at the financial district or backbay

Boston
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

You will be happier in the Back Bay or Financial District. It will be worth it. As far as the Hampton Inn goes, the Crosstown location is not too great. You may see that the Cambridge location is very close to the Lechmere T stop, but note that work is being done to Science Park station and the trolley is not running to Lechmere this summer. Instead they are running shuttle buses.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

When heading to Meredith I think it would be better to rent a car. Even if there were bus service there...not having a car once there will be very limiting.

new orleans
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

thanks for the replies I will look into Back Bay and Financial Districts.

Thanks also for the transportation info- we will rent a car

7. Re: Boston Trip Questions Hotel, Transportation 6/28-7/5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 05:19