All - Just wanted to share my trip report. Me and my wife visited Boston over the memorial day weekend.
- Started from NJ at 8:15 AM and reached Boston at around 2:00 PM (factoring in a couple of rest stops). Parked at the Boston Common parking garage for around $11 per day.
- Walked over to the Hyatt Regency, it is around 10 mts walk. I got the hotel for a good deal around $215 for 2 nights and 3 days through a bid on Price line. Hotel said they could only give room around 4:00 PM. So, walked around the area and then checked in at 4:00 PM
- Stretched our legs a bit and started at 4:30 from the Hotel and started walking down the Freedom trail. The trail was extremely confusing since the red lines that mark the trail were no consistent. However, started walking based on a map that I downloaded . Weather was very sunny and nice
- On the way through the trail, saw a procession where people were dressed up with Horror costumes (not sure what this is - does anyone know?)
- Walked through to Quincy market. There were several events taking place there. Spent some time, had some refreshments and walked down to North End
- North end was very crowded, however, walked through a bit and decided to grab something for dinner. Decided that it would be better to get some take out and eat at the hotel. So, ordered Pizza from Regina's pizza and packed it up. Also, got Cannoli's from Mike's pastry which had a mile long queue to get in
- Ate dinner and dessert. Both Regina's pizza and Mike's pastry were nothing to write home about
- Got up pretty late since we were very tired from the walking the previous day
- Had breakfast (left over Pizza from previous night) and started from the Hotel at around 11:30
- Took the train from Downtown crossing to North Station. Walked from there to USS Constitution. There were no guided tours provided that day. So, explored the ship, took some photos and then saw the Destroyer ship as well and the museum
- Took the ferry and got down at the Aquarium station, had lunch at Quincy market
- After lunch took the train from Aquarium station to Harvard Square (had to make a few transfers), had coffee at Pret A Manger and listened to some street music and then crossed the street to Harvard and walked a bit and saw the main part of the University. By this time we were very tired due to the walk in the hot sun. So, thought we would just return to the Hotel (after we found out that it was 7:00 PM and the Newbury street shops close early on Sunday). We skipped MIT. Took the train back from Harvard Square to Downtown crossing, relaxed a bit and hit the bed
- Woke up late, ate Dunkin Donuts breakfast (right behind the hotel)
- Showered, packed, got ready and walked back to Boston Common parking garage took the car, paid $33 for parking for 3 days and drove back to NJ