We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Narragansett RI
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

Will arrive around noon at South Station on a Tuesday and will take the Silver Line to Logan. I have a time allotment concern... What should I allow for time between arrival time and getting to Logan for United Airline domestic flight.? Info on tickets for the Silver Line ? Can they be purchased ahead of time?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

Allow a half hour. if you're really time constained, just take a cab.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

I was going to say 1/2 an hour, too. You need to puchase your ticket at the kiosk in the station. Just get one ticket with $2 for each passenger. You can go thru the turnstyle and pass it back .. since $2 is deducted each time it's swiped, it's legal to do that.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
249 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

Don't know what the cab fare would be but it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get to United at terminal C from the time you get off the train.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

Cab fare to Logan from South Station is $18-22 depending on traffic. At that time of day, you'll be right around $18, plus tip. Takes about 15 minutes.

If you're taking the commuter rail to South Station, you'd get off the train, walk into South Station, down the escalator to the Red Line. There are 10 ticket machines right there (or you can buy a Charlie Ticket where you buy your commuter rail ticket). Go downstairs to the Silver Line and in 10 minutes you're at Logan. Silver Line is convenient, but I prefer a cab.

Narragansett RI
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

I appreciate the feedback and the information has helped me determine which Acela I should take from Kingston RI..

Narragansett RI
Level Contributor
139 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

Your comments are much appreciated and have helped me determine my schedule into South Station going on to Logan...

Edited: 06 June 2011, 01:57
7. Re: Acela at South Station going on to Logan time allotment ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 06:19