We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

Trying to buy three seats to a game. Three is a problem number. Pavilion Box seats are available for 2 or 4 but not three. I really can't afford an extra seat. So, it looks like infield or outfield grandstands for us. I know we don't want 32 (the alcohol free section). I know we want to avoid RF obstructions. Is there any difference between say sections 25 and 29? Would it be better to just grab some bleacher seats? No kids, two 23 year olds and one Mom (me). Is it worth the price difference for loge or field boxes?

I know about the seating chart but would rather hear from someone who has some experience actually being there.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

Who are they playing and what is the date?

Bleacher seats are fine. Watching the home run ball come toward you rather than away from you, is always better.

Bring the sun block and watch the alcohol intake. The sun can be as strong as going to the beach. If a night game, it is always good to be bring a light jacket.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,342 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

The bleachers are fine - if you are under 4 feet tall. There is no legroom between the rows and the seats can be very tight. The atmosphere is great, but that's about it.

Section 25 is better than Section 29 because the view of the field is better (dead on, rather than turning to the right). Loge and field boxes are great if you can get them, but I wouldn't pay through the nose for them.

It definitely makes a difference what game you are going to, so a little more information would be helpful.

Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

Thanks. Going to the 7/23 Mariners game. Bleachers won't work thanks to your information. One of the guys is 6 ft. 240 weightlifter type. Will barely fit in a regular seat. Tickets for GS 23 are $99 each. I would like to keep it to $100 or so each ticket if possible. Can go a little higher. Looks like it is GS 24, 27, 28, 29 or Roof Box 9. Lots of GS 1,2 which I understand are not great seats. Any advice is appreciated!!

Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

Okay now I'm confused. Seats say GS 23 Row 8 for $99 each but when you go to details on stubhub it reads "limited or obstructed view". According to preciseseating.com Row 8 or GS 23 is not obstructed?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

They actually changed the seats in the bleachers a couple of years ago and there's more legroom. I'm in a group of 10 season regulars with bleacher seats and one of the guys is at least 6"3". There's no more room in the other sections than there are in the bleachers (and when I was in Grandstand Section 22 behind home plate a couple of weeks ago, there was LESS room than in our regular bleacher seats.) We used to have season tix in Grandstand Section 8 and we hated those. You sit facing forward and have to crane your neck to the left the whole game.

Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

Sorry. I think I figured this out. They don't tell you the seat numbers. Seat 1 in that GS 23 Row 8 is fine but seats 16 obstruct the pitchers mound.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

You are correct br. When you look at grandstand seats you have to look not only at the section and row, but also the seat number for particular obstructions. Sometimes on Stubhub you will see the seat stated, sometimes not. Agree that seats are tight in the lower part of the park. Have you checked for roof box seats or since it is a night game you could back to trying the bleachers out.

Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

Ended up with GS 18 because I could get row 1 and decided it would be nice to not have people in front of us. Luckily I am from CA and we have purchased Lakers Christmas Day tickets many times so these are a bargain in comparison!

Thanks all for your help.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

Glad you got your tickets, it is nice not to have anyone in front.

But in general, if people are looking for comfort at fenway, stay home unless able to get premium seating or a box.

Each area of the park has it pros and cons.

Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fenway-Red Sox 3 tickets

thanks. Yeah. I'd I had been buying two tickets or four I could have done premium but three is pretty tough.