We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonalbly priced good hotel near T

Seattle
Level Contributor
83 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonalbly priced good hotel near T

Anyone recommend a good but reasonably priced hotel in a safe area of Boston or environs next to a T? Also I am thinking of taking in Montreal. What is the best way to get to and from Montreal from Boston? Travel time on trains, airplanes, rental car? What is weather like late April-early May?

Thanks for your advice.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
918 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonalbly priced good hotel near T

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k435358…

I had started this thread a few weeks ago. Some good suggestions in there. I have booked the John Jeffries House for my August trip.

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonalbly priced good hotel near T

The best way to travel from Boston to Montreal is by air. You could go by bus OR car but it would require at least 6 hours. Depart from Logan International Airport.

North Shore...
Level Contributor
810 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonalbly priced good hotel near T

The weather in April and May is cool to warm; it varies. Daytime temperatures in Boston would be anywhere from the high forties to the sixties depending on the week and the month. There are some rainy days. It is nice weather for traveling or touring Boston but as you progress North toward Montreal it will be colder than the temperatures indicated for Boston.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonalbly priced good hotel near T

I suggest at least considering Manchester, NH as a base to visit both Boston and Montreal. There are very frequent buses between Manchester and Boston... I work with several people who commute this way every day. It's about an hour by bus. Also, Manchester is a much easier airport to use, and sometimes the flights are considerably less expensive.

If your primary destination is Boston, and Montreal is strictly a "possible" excursion, you might check out the John Jeffries House, a B&B in the Beacon Hill area. With respect to a Montreal junket, my choice would depend on whether you are travelling alone. The 6+ hour drive to Montreal is beautiful (except for maybe the first hour and a half, and the last hour), but radio reception is quite limited in spots, so it might be best to drive if you have company. If you rent a car, be sure it has either satellite radio or a CD player.