We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

My daughter is coming in from Japan via JFK on the 15th (Wednesday night) Should I pay to park or take the Logan shuttle from Braintree? And if I park at the airport, how expensive is it and is it too much trouble?

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

They have cell phone lot at logan and it is close to terminal e. Sometimes international phones do not work right away here, there are pay phones to use. Getting from the cell lot to e is easy

There is also a lot at the terminal to park and it should be around ten dollars for an hour

Edited: 09 June 2011, 22:25
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

What terminal is she coming into--since she's coming via JFK, I assume it's a domestic flight?

Either use the cell phone lot or go into the garage--I think it's six dollars an hour (or at least for the first hour). You can monitor her flight and if you arrive too early, you could hang out in the cell phone lot and move to the garage closer to her arrival time. Since you probably will be leaving RI before she leaves NY, you may not know of any delays, unless you can access the internet on your phone.

The airport parking areas for the various terminals are well marked. You can also see an airport map and parking information on the Massport website.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

Central parking is not worth the hassle when meeting someone. Terminal B is pretty easy to get in and out, but can get backed up.

After reading your post again, it seems you will not have to deal with customs here, so the cell phone thing will not be an issue.

I would work the meet thru the cell phone. If you do park and go inside, use the pay express system.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

Thanks for the quick reply, she'll be landing at JFK around 6:00, taking an 8:30 flight to Logan, I think she'll be landing at terminal A, is there a time limit in the cell phone lot, if the flight's late? Never flew out of Boston so not sure of the set up there. I know my way to and from Boston, my daughter is attending college there.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

There is sign which says 15 minutes but no one enforces it. Getting to a is easy as well, have her meet you at the first island. Don't head over until you make contact and you will be fine.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

Thank you so much. I've heard it's not that easy to get around Logan. I'm glad it's a later flight, I'm thinking the traffic will be light then.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

To get to the cell phone lot, you'll make almost an entire circuit of the airport. The signs are good, but just so you know, you'll go past the turn for Terminal E before taking the road to the cell phone lot.

When you leave the lot, take a left and follow the signs to the Terminals. "A" will be the first.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

I think you will be taking the ted williams. Stay in the right hand lane and take the exit on the right, for rentals and hotels. At the light take a left and your first left again and this will put you at the cell phone lot. You do not have to go around logan to get to the cell lot.

I do advise staying with the car, they do enforce this rule.

When leaving the lot, exit left then right at the lights and first left. It is easy but you need to pay attention.....you obviously want arrivals and terminal a will come up fast once you go by the arrival/departure split.

If you need to use a bathroom, you can easily drive over to the gas station which is close to the cell lot. You are able to leave your car here a few minutes to go inside.

Edited: 10 June 2011, 15:41
Rhode Island
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate all the information. I'm feeling better about going now. I go to Boston a lot, but never near the airport.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best way to pick someone up at Logan on a weeknight,

jt2looie,

You might find this Massport link helpful.....

massport.com/logan-airport/parking-informati…