We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis, MN
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

We (three adults) are leaving for Boston Wed. morning and rented an apartment next to MIT. We are hockey fans and want to watch the Bruins win the Stanley Cup. Suggestions on where to go? Also, any events happening this weekend? I have been reading this forum and wanted to thank everyone for their responses. This is my second trip to Boston and I love this city. The other two friends will be traveling to Boston for the first time....hopefully the weather is going to cooperate.

Thanks

Boston
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

Probably any bar down by the TD Garden would be good. The Fours is a good one.

I know we're leading right now, but don't jinx!

larlyn
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

here's a link that might be helpful...these are all in the garden area...which will be nuts!! I assume the Fenway area sports bars will show the game as well, there's a bunch of them.

…cbslocal.com/top-lists/…

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

The game will be on literally every place with a TV, so it really just depends what you're in the mood for.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

Read this thread last night while watching Game 6, now that the Bruins won, I feel better about responding. larlyn's link is a gaood one. The masses of fans will be at Canal Street. Kenmore will be another area but the college kids are now out of town so it will be a litlle more controlled. Last night I was at Kenmore Square and all the parking meters were tagged as no parking I assume for crowd control. It was pretty quiet around Kenmore during the first period but I'm not sure how rowdy it was after the WIN!

Go Bruins!

edd
Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

I came to this site just to see where the big-screen, outside showings were going to be. Is there really none?!?!?!?!??!?

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

I can't recall the city doing that for any other major sporting event so I doubt they would for this one. Maybe they will show it in the Garden?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

Parking restrictions start a 6 PM until 2 AM at the North Station area, Quincy Market area and around Kenmore Square. No public viewing at the Garden or anywhere else in the city due to drinking regulations , public safety and crowd control. I would imagine that Canal Street and Friend Street would be the place to be tonight.

Go Bruins!

Boston
Level Contributor
350 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

Stay away from the area around the TD Garden unless you want to be elbow to elbow with the college kids that will trash the city when we win.

I suggest Champions Sports Bar. It's not the quintesential Boston bar but that's exactly the type of place I'd want to avoid. Champions has tons (and I mean tons) of flat screens. A cool wrap around bar and an open airy feeling. If they do win, your far enough away to avoid the mess but close enough to watch it -if you wanted to walk to the garden from there it's about a 20 min walk. Grab dinner in the Mall at Legals Seafood and then stroll over and watch the game. They also have parking underneath the hotel and if you eat at Legals they will validate it for a discount.

If you go there and you don't like the looks of Champions, you are close to a bunch of other restaurants and bars.

http://www.championsboston.com/photos.html

Here is an idea for something to do this weekend. Go to the Sam Adams brewery for a tour. Get there early as they always sell out.

www.samueladams.com/age-gate.aspx…

Edited: 15 June 2011, 13:46
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

Many of the "College Kids" are now back home. Champions is a good choice if you want a calmer atmosphere, if you want rowdy then any where near the Garden like The Fours, The Greatest Bar, etc. A happy medium would be The Grand Canal close enough to the Garden and still on Canal Street but it is on the far end of the street so far enough away the really large crowds.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 7th Game Stanley Cup - Where To Watch

"Stay away from the area around the TD Garden unless you want to be elbow to elbow with the college kids that will trash the city when we win."

Or lose. Kids from the suburbs seem to love to knock over newspaper boxes just as much as their collegiate counterparts.

The bars around North Station will be packed, so if you go there, go early.