We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movie Filming in Peabody

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Movie Filming in Peabody

I was traveling down Route 1 south today and noticed a bit of excitement. The right lane before and after the old Cabaret Lounge was all blocked off. While sitting in stopped traffic, I happened to notice a lot of tents and trailers and a couple of minutes later realized what all the activity was about when I saw the big catering trucks from a company that specializes in catering for the movie industry. Of course, I am a must know type of person and set out to investigate. Apparently, they are filming a new Adam Sandler movie, I Hate Dad. Not sure how long they will be there..but I think at least to the end of the week.

Funny...I noticed this just after I made the comment that driving down this stretch of Route 1 south was like traveling back in time.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

Thanks, I always enjoy watching movies and tv series in the production phase.

I used to catch Spencer For Hire all the time. Walking down Charles Street, one came to expect to see the cast of Spencer, on any given day.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

Some local coverage on the movie's shoot: http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local?start=4

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

Some TV coverage:

http://wn.whdh.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?vt1=v&clipFormat=flv&clipId1=6008202&at1=Station+1&h1=Movie+causes+stir+in+Peabody&flvUri&partnerclipid&rnd=81045323

I haven't been there in literally about 30 years, but that used to be my favorite strip club. The amateur night show on Wednesdays had the best of its genre I've ever seen. Highly recommended.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

I have to go I-95 to 128 and back to 1 to get around the back-up created by the filming in the morning! Did you see the sign, miscricket? Here's more from the Salem News:

salemnews.com/local/x1692749046/Movies-risqu…

salemnews.com/local/…print

Enjoy!

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

Hi Rte 128..I saw the sign that said "cabaret closed"...which was funny because I really thought the Cabaret had been closed for years.I am sure if you were driving down Rte 1 this morning the backup was really bad...I went by there around 1:30 and there was a backup..which completely disappeared right after the site.

Edt..Oops..I am slow tonight..lol. Now I realize that you probably mean the sign on top of the Cabaret...the funny thing is..this I was down that way over the weekend and that sign was there...and to be honest with you I was thinking it had always been there ( you know..strip club and all)...I generally don't even glance that way..but noticed it because again traffic was slow. I guess it's causing quite a controversy..lol

Edited: 01 July 2011, 02:49
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

Yes, miscricket, I meant the new, temporary sign. Too funny that you thought it had always been there! I can understand why--though Peabody really has tried to clean up Route 1. As for the "Cabaret closed" sign, well, the place is for sale according to the Salem News.

Keeping this travel related, the sign apparently will be up over the weekend, so the Route 1 traffic to Maine and NH may be worse than ever.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,982 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

I saw the sign this evening. The EGGS flash --- eek!!

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

Forgot..too funny. In that case it must be MUCH more noticeable at night.The last thing Rte 1 needs is something to distract drivers.. I think Rte 128 is right. There may be more traffic than ever. Yikes..lol I wonder if that sign has caused an increase in fender benders..lol

Edited: 02 July 2011, 11:46
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

Anyone intersted in being in the movie "Ted" filming in Boston? Go to the Hatch Shell on Sat July 9 th from 7-3.....

www.beinamovie.com/movie.php?mtitleid=100

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,704 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Movie Filming in Peabody

miscricket, you're correct, the sign is much more visible at night. Last night it was slowing down traffic on both sides of Route 1! In the daytime, it's not obvious because it's off the road and down the little slope (of course, with the publicity--and our posts--now everyone knows where to look night and day!).