We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

privagte guide for 14 years old boy

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
privagte guide for 14 years old boy

I will be in Boston from 23rd to 28 this month, My son insisted to come along, However I will be busy in a convention. he understand English , and speak understandable english.

I am looking for some body who can show him around..Museums , attractions..etc..

Any suggestion is very well appreciated,

Thank you in advance

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

Is there anyone involved in the convention you could pose the question too?

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

Did not think of it.., i suppose will find plenty of help.. Thank you, I should look no further!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

You know when I was thirteen my father let me wander around dc by myself while he was at a convention. Today he would probably be arrested for neglect. But he was right then and you could find some tours and let your soon experience some independence. Especially with cellphones, it is very easy to stay in touch. Just a thought. I am sure there are more conservative parental units who would disagree.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
17,151 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

Are you looking for a tour guide for a few hours a day? Or for that whole time every day?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

I know nothing about this company, but it might fill the bill, if a bit pricey. I would contact/ask:

http://bostonprivatetours.com/

Here's a TA thread about the company:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60745-d15…

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

Just received and email from the convention org.., they have nothing organized.

I am not quite sure I will be comfortable leaving him to tour the city alone..

An educated , mature , perhaps a mature graduate student.., put together program for the full 6 days.., and be a conversational companion...

will try to email private tours company..but not keen for commercial guides!

Thanks again..

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

Go to the following website

www.care.com/visitor/captureSitterSearch.do…

For type of care in the search select "care Gig".

You can select from a list of local college students who are willing to do short term miscellaneous care. I am certain you will find what you need. It will not be free...but this is a service that does background checks..etc..so you can be confident in the services.

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

You can also select "childcare" but I think that will tend to give you people who want more long term jobs...but it wouldn't hurt to contact a couple to see if they are available for short term.

Also..I would stick with the "college caregivers" ...you will likely get someone a little younger ( college aged) who your son can relate to a little better.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

Thanks a lot misccriket .. tried the site, it requires you create an account with valid local number , in a defined postal code in Boston!

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: privagte guide for 14 years old boy

Okay..I did not take into consideration that you are out of the country. I still think this is the best way for you to go..I would click on the "contact us" link and send them an e-mail explaining your situation. I am pretty familiar with this site and I am sure someone will get back to you and either be able to help you or point you in a good direction.

Barring that...other suggestions would be to either contact one of the local colleges's work study coordinator. They may know of someone who is looking for summer work...or contact your hotel concierge to see if they are aware of any services that could assist you.

Edited: 12 July 2011, 21:25