We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I-93 to Logan

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
I-93 to Logan

I did a mapquest to get to Logan coming in on I-93.

I got for near end

Take the RT-1A exit, EXIT 24B-A, toward Airport. 0.10mi

then

Take the RT-1A N exit, EXIT 24-B on the LEFT toward Airport. 0.07 mi

That left exit bothers me. do I need to get in left lane in a fairly short distance. I usually stay in right lane in unfamiliar cities, cause most exits are right

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,186 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I-93 to Logan

Are you coming 93 South (from NH or Burlington, MA?) or 93 North from Rte 3/Cape Cod? Depending on what you tell me, I may or may not agree with the directions.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I-93 to Logan

Based on the right and left turn scenario, this looks like the're coming from the north. And yes, you do need to exit right and then get immediately in the left exit lane for the Airport. There are two exit lanes once you leave 93, to the right for Downtown and to the left for the Airport.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I-93 to Logan

The signs are well marked, you won't miss it.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I-93 to Logan

Sorry, I am coming from north in I-93, though actually coming from Minute Man NP and it took me to I-93 coming in from north..

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,186 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I-93 to Logan

Yes from the North and Alan is right. It's not that bad, TWO lanes exit 93 to the right, and the 2nd lane becomes the one to the airport. Then through a tunnel (the Callahan).

Andover...
Level Contributor
615 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I-93 to Logan

I agree that it is very well marked and not as bad as it sounds. I saw in your other post that you were also considering spending that last night in the Salem/Gloucester area. Personally..I think you'd have an easier time getting to the airport from the Salem area..depending on what day or time of day you will be traveling to the airport. If google is putting you on 93S to the airport...that means it's putting you on 128 from Lexington/Concord. That can be a pain during the week. Staying in the Salem area will give you a couple of options for the airport.

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,984 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I-93 to Logan

I don't know your times to drive but you could go South on 128/95 to the Mass. Pike to the airport. I don't think the time would be significantly different and it's more straightforward.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: I-93 to Logan

From Lexington and Concord, taking 95/128 south to 90 East really isn't a bad idea at all. And it is much more straightforward.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I-93 to Logan

Mass pike is the conventional route to the airport from concord or Lincoln ( my hometown). From Lexington it depends on exact location. From Winchester of course we take 93.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I-93 to Logan

It does depend on the time you are leaving. The pike will add two toll booths and when paying cash, can add time.