We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Boston in September

Cortlandt Manor
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Boston in September

I am planning on visiting Boston this September, probably arrive either the 17th or 18th and depart on the 24th or 25th. Will hopefully come by Amtrak, so I won't be using a car. I've checked several sites and cannot locate a hotel in Boston proper for under $200/night. I had hoped to book a room for, at most, $150/night or less. Is September a particularly busy month, should I pick another month? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Boston in September

Fall is generally a busy time here. Business travel and conventions pick up, colleges are back in session. October is worse than September as many, many leaf peepers start or end their trips in Boston. You will do much better in the dead of the winter. Even for Sept. you may be able to find something in the $200 range using Hotwire or Priceline or Lastminutetravel.com.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Boston in September

One thing to remember is that there are hotels and motels tucked here and there that are not really as heavily advertised. You might, possibly, have luck if you go beyond the hotels.com and similar websites. Just to throw out one example (that I think probably isn't on the major lists): the Copley Square Hotel (not to be confused with the Copley Plaza Hotel). You could also stay outside the central area, but in a hotel that is located on a mass transit line. One example: Holiday Inn in Brookline, mass. Another example: Crowne Plaza in Newton, Mass (it's on the express bus line).

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Boston in September

I'd also recommend you try bidding on Priceline or Hotwire. You have a good chance of getting something in your price range.

Have you tried the Midtown Hotel or the Clarion Bulfinch or the Holiday Inn Select-Beacon Hill? They sometimes run specials.

4. Re: Visiting Boston in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 06:17