We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upgrading Sox tickets

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Upgrading Sox tickets

We have 2 tickets for the August 2nd game against the Indians, we are in section 25 row 17 seats 18 and 19. This is our first time catching a game at Fenway and were wondering if it's at all possible to upgrade for better seats on gameday?

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,273 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

Do you mean through the box office? Highly unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to try. Most games are sold out though.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

Or otherwise????

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,273 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

There are always scalpers outside Fenway, and in Kenmore Square right near the park. You can try your luck with them. Your seats really aren't bad at all though. Great view of the field, but the rows are a bit cramped in the grandstand.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

Thaks Diva21 for your replies, yes this is what I'm a bit worried about being cramped in our seats. This may be a stupid question, but is it legal to buy from scalpers? I know that when we go to events in Montreal, there is no worries about buying from scalpers. I don't know about the US.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

Technically it is only legal if they sell it for face value...which probably doesn't happen unless they are trying to get rid of tickets. Walking within a couple blocks of Fenway there doesn't seem to be too much fear with the way people are asking if you "need tickets" or are "selling tickets"

Anyway, almost everywhere in Fenway the seats are on the cramped side. It certainly isn't comfortable in too many places

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

You can also just go to the game and use the seats you have but keep your eyes open for better seats that aren't being used (or if the game becomes particularly one-side or if the weather isn't great LOTS of great seats usually open up and you just move into them.) I hope I don't get to much backlash from this advice here on the boards but I've got season tix and do it all the time.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

the Loge seats in the "3 digit" sections just below where you will be sitting are a lot more comfortable - it's what I would buy (if I were to spend money on seeing the Red Sox). the seats you have are fine however. if the game is boring or the seats are really uncomfortable, you can always get up and leave. :-)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

I actually like that section of the park. Don't know if you are aware of this information: www.preciseseating.com/fenwaypark2.php. Remember, Fenway is a small park.

The advice you have been given is pretty accurate as far as your options. If you really feel the need to 'upgrade' to loge or fieldbox or elsewhere, you can try to purchase another set of tickets from a reseller like Stubhub (you'll pay a premium) and then in turn you can resell your grandstand seats.

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,580 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

Thanks Mahj,

I was aware of precise seating, but only after I had purchased my tickets. That's probably the reason why I wanted to exchange them because of the obstruction.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,675 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Upgrading Sox tickets

Unless you are particularly tall or big the seats aren't that bad. I am of "average" size and have never felt horribly uncomfortable in any Fenway seat.. You can always get up and stretch, too. I wouldn't worry too much about it.