We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

max brenner restaurant

boston
Level Contributor
258 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
max brenner restaurant

i just found out theres one over in the backbay area,has anyone tryed it out and what do you think. iwas thinking to try before heading to lasvegas,as i know theres one in ceasers palace(sp).thanks oh if tryed what do you recommend.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: max brenner restaurant

A recent visitor tried it. Here's his trip report: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k468428…

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
3,103 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: max brenner restaurant

I just had dinner there on Wednesday, July 20. Our party of three enjoyed all our food we had. Two of us had brenner burgers, while the other had the chicken sliders. Their milkshakes are tremendous [or so the diners next to us raved] , and they have a nice chocolate shop up front. For our three dinners, the bill was $45 with tip, quite reasonable for the back bay neighborhood.

Any questions more specific regarding the restaurant, feel free to PM me or post a response on the forum...overall, though, I would highly recommend this excellent new asset to the Back Bay area.

Mentioned in this post
Back Bay
Back Bay
429 Reviews
Boston, MA
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: max brenner restaurant

It is a gimmicky chain which has nothing to do with Boston.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: max brenner restaurant

to be fair, I don't think anyone suggested it wasn't a chain or that it has any particular connection to Boston.

Whilst I prefer independent restaurants, USA has some chains that we simply have nothing like in the US - we have nothing like Max Brenner, Cheesecake factory and (although it's a Boston chain) Legal Seafoods - all of which I thoroughly enjoy when we're in Boston. Cheesecake factory might be touristy bit if one takes it for what it is (and don't think of it as a high end eatery) then it's fun, it's different and it adds something to a Boston trip.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: max brenner restaurant

Good point. It is definitely different for someone coming from another country, and only visiting Boston, or perhaps just Boston and one or two other places. In that case, if you really want to experience a “big food” American chain, then it can become a tourist destination on its own. (BTW, I don’t consider Cheesecake Factory as particularly touristy. Obviously, we’re coming from different points of view!)

So, my post is targeted more to people looking to see Boston, especially Americans who can do this stuff anywhere, and experience as much as possible of what Boston has to offer. And that’s not the Cheesecake Factory. Or Au Bon Pain, or Max Brenner’s, or Starbucks. Not that I don’t go to those places myself, but when I am traveling, why go there? (Except for your reason.)

Back to the original post, I would recommend waiting until you got to Vegas, because that is what Vegas is all about.

Mentioned in this post
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
1,920 Reviews
Boston, MA
6. Re: max brenner restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 12:18