We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

I'm planning on taking my wife and daughter to a Sox game Sept. 13 and though I've been to Fenway many times and the Cask 'N Flagon a few times as well, I've never been to the Beer Works bar and am wondering which of the two bars would provide us with the loudest, most fun atmosphere. It's been a while since I've been in the area but hopefully some things remain the same. I'm also wondering what would be the cutoff time to arrive for a pregame "warmup" prior to heading to Yawkey way for more atmosphere. Thanks in advance

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

Don't know about ranking the noise/fun/atmosphere, but the one time in recent years that I've been to the Cask & Flagon, I had Budweiser in a bottle. At the Beer Works, they have beer.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

lol...point taken

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

Cask is better for watching the game, mostly due to the number, and the positioning, of the TVs. Beer Works has better beer. Best bet = go to Beer Works for pre-game and go to the Cask for the game. Cask will clear out once the game begins.

Love the Watermelon Ale at BW!! Delicious.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

Actually we will be at Fenway for the game, but thanks for the input. Just wondering what would be the latest time to get to either pub and still snag a seat? It's a Tuesday night.

Spanish Fork, UT
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

Get there 2-3 hours before the game starts..

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

thx very much everyone......looks like the BW because of all the beer choices......family on their own.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

Probably new since you've been here, is Jerry Remy's. Not trying to dissuade you from BBW but wanted you to know of another alternative.

Here's a link to their beer selections:

http://www.jerryremys.com/beer_wine.html

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

thx ting..........now i have to find out when these places open. :) much appreciated tho

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

I have one more question please,,,,,will my 18 year old daughter be allowed to sit at the same table as my wife and I at the BBW? Will my wife and I be able to have a beer while the daughter nurses a soda or something?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cask 'n Flagon vs Beer Works

I believe so. I hope somebody more certain of the rules will chime in.