We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Boston

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Boston

My friend and I will be in Boston for 3 days in September, Need advice on some of activities. We'll be staying at the Onyx Hotel, arriving Thursday and leaving for Maine on Sunday. I was thinking of getting the Old Town Trolley tickets for transportation and either the Boston Go Card or City Pass for the activities. I would like to include the Sam Adams tour, Freedom Trail, cupcakes/desserts, seafood, litlle shops, and history, somewhere in the trip. We enjoy walking as well as a good glass of wine or beer and food whenever possible.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Boston

Have a good time!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Boston

We're not sure what you're asking, but do read the "Top Questions about Boston" articles/threads at the upper right of the page. This might get you more oriented. I think the trolley tours are great, and especially like that you can jump on/off at any point, all day long. So you can just get a glance at things, but if some place seems extra interesting or you're hungry, you jump off (and get a later trolley). About the Sam Adams beer thing, it's a bit of a job to get over to the brewery. It is a famous beer, but you might look into when Harpoon Brewery does its tours. They are located in the Seaport area of Boston (right next to downtown Boston), so it's much easier to get over there.

Since you mention wine and beer, two wine related ideas for you. Here are two "wine bars" where the list of wines by the glass is much longer than usual, and they offer small pours, flights, etc. Les Zygomates (fun French style place near South Station downtown) and Bin 26 Enoteca (on Charles Street right fairly near the Boston Common).

Boston...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Boston

Sounds like the North End would be right for you. There are little cafes where you can order a nice glass of wine or beer. There is a little shop on Salem street next to Neptune Oyster that sells candy and delicious looking cupcakes.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Boston

Thanks for the info. I will definnitely try some of your suggestions.

5. Re: First time in Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 13:17