We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

uk
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

Hi

Hubby and I are coming to Boston for 3 nights 22nd Sep-25th Sep

Mainly a shopping trip with a few sights thrown in and a nice meal as we are celebrating our anniversary.

Hoping for one double room in a 2*/3* hotel without having to depend on the T too much or walk longer for half hr without frequent stops(hubby on medication!)

I have searched around a bit but think its a pretty popular time of year as there doesnt seem to be much around for $200 per night

Was hoping for downtown area but happy to take advice from the people with excellent knowledge on here as to which other areas might have a nice nighttime vibe, shops,cafes,bars etc??

All help very greatfully received xx

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,234 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

Sept is very busy. It's highly unlikely you'll find something for under $200 (including tax) and not have to travel.

Looking at Last Minute Travel ... here's what I see. All rates are BEFORE tax. Taxes add about 17.5%.

3.5* Back Bay area for $194 is the Marriott Copley Place

3.5* Downtown area for $200 is the Radisson

4* Back Bay area for $182 is the Hilton

These three are the only ones that I recongize that meet your criteria. Do not be fooled by the "downtown area" for $145. It is NOT downtown and not anywhere near anything you would want to walk to ...

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

forgotmypword has helpfully identified 3 options for you any of these would be fine. Of the 3 I'd probably opt for Marriott Copley Place as long as you don't mind (very) large chain hotels. The location is good since you mention shopping - the Marriott is connected to 2 shopping malls (Prudential and Copley) by a covered walkway and is in Back Bay are which also has a lot of shopping, eating, dining options.

The beds in the Marriott are simply divine - perfect at the end of a long days shopping!

The Radisson is in theatre district - not an attractive building but fine. Hilton is in Back Bay - close to but a bit further away than the Marriott.

uk
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

Thank you both so much for replying!!

Just a thought - what about a b and b? Is that more affordable and can you suggest any perhaps?

Thanks again for your help! x

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

Sorry hostie - I'll have to leave that to the local experts. I don't know about b&b options.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,242 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

You can check here for b and b's: http://www.bnbboston.com/

And check reviews on TA. B and B's in the city are not always cheaper than hotels. A recent poster made reservations at Oasis Guest House. I don't think they've stayed there yet. I'm familiar with the area, and though it's safe, it wouldn't be my first choice, especially if your husband is limited in his walking.

forgotmypassword gave you some very good options, above, in your budget range.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,290 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

Look at the Copley Inn and the Chandler Inn. The Copley Inn is basic and clean, but very central. The Chandler Inn is in the South End, very close to great restaurants and nightlife.

7. Re: staying three nights in Boston -please help me find a hotel!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 13:18