We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Sox Tickets 2012

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
317 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Red Sox Tickets 2012

We will be in Boston in the fall of 2012 prior to a cruise and would like to see a ball game. We have the choice of two weekends, one they are playing the Yankees and there is only one game while we are there which is on a Thursday night. The other weekend they are playing the Orioles and there are two games while we are there, Friday and Saturday. Is there any chance what so ever that we could get tickets to the Yankees game or should we try for the Orioles? We will be booking our cruise and room long before the Red Sox tickets are for sale so I can't wait and see what game I'm able to get tickets for. Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,363 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Red Sox Tickets 2012

Availability of tickets this year has been easier. I recommend you sign up for the emails from the Red Sox website so you know when tickets go on sale.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,252 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Red Sox Tickets 2012

You can almost always get tickets if you are willing to pay a premium (above face value). Resellers such as Ace Ticket and Stubhub are reputable.

Edited: 18 September 2011, 15:22
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Red Sox Tickets 2012

I have a friend who has season tickets and sells all of them ad he lives in baltimore. If interested message me and I can get you on his email list. I guarantee totally legit.

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Red Sox Tickets 2012

Thanks for the advice I will definitely sign up for Red Sox emails. We'd like to be able to pay regular prices, we are willing to pay a little more if we have to, but not a lot. If we don't get tickets we'll just do the tour. neslaw does your friend sell his tickets for a reasonable price?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Red Sox Tickets 2012

I believe so. Nothing to lose if on his list.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Red Sox Tickets 2012

If you don't get them when they go on sale you can usually get them within a week or so leading up to the game. They usually release tickets at some point but there is no telling when. I have had the best luck within 2-3 days before the game but I usually start checking a week or so out. You also have to check every day.

It takes some diligent work but if all else fails it is an option. Of course this route there is no guarantee but it can be another option before having to pay extra.

Also, you are way more likely to get Orioles tickets than Yanks tickets.

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Red Sox Tickets 2012

Thanks for the great advice, we've decided to plan our cruise when they are playing the Orioles. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed to get them when they first go on sale and if not I know of some other options now.

8. Re: Red Sox Tickets 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 10:20