We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For Msai52- My favorite North End Restaurants

Boston...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Topic
For Msai52- My favorite North End Restaurants

I read your question before I could sign in on a computer so I hope you still need the help.

First, on a Friday night you will probably want to make a reservation. Some places I can think of that will meet your requirement for seafood dishes and pizza or lasagna type dishes are the following:

For Pizza and good seafood dishes and casual enough to go to a Bruin's game afterward, I would suggest Cafe Pompeii on Hanover St. They have a great red sauce , nice service and an atmosphere straight out of the Godfather ( and I mean that in a nice way!)

For Lasagna/pasta and good seafood dishes, I would try L'Osteria on Salem St. This is a very cute, moderately priced red sauce type of place that does really good seafood and pasta.

Lo Conte has amazing lasagna!

Also, for Bakery choices I would pick Modern over Mike's any day of the week and especially for canolli. If you are pressed for time, then Bova Bakery is at the top of Salem ( Salem & Prince) and on your way back to the garden.

Keep in mind that if you get bakery to go, The Garden does not allow bags. Hope this helps and I am sorry you felt you needed to take your original posting down. These are just off the top of my head so if you want more recommendations, let me know.

Edited: 21 September 2011, 00:17
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: For Msai52- My favorite North End Restaurants

Msia52,

I was going to send you a private message saying this, but it looks like the messaging service has been turned off. Any know what happened? Anyway, I really didn't mean to dismiss your question and I apologize for making you feel that way. I was trying to share some of the many discussions we've had on that North End favorites subject, but I should have found another way to say that.

AlanM

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: For Msai52- My favorite North End Restaurants

Lo Conte for lasagna is great and fits the description if one is very hungry. Located at 114 Salem Street in the North End. No lines during the week and if there are lines during the weekend, seating is 30 minutes or so.

Well worth the wait.

Modern fills the cannolis to order and has a gluton free line of pastries.

Good luck Msia52. I much prefer to hear new posts then to read ones which are more than 6 months old.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For Msai52- My favorite North End Restaurants

Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate your replies and I will check the menu's at these places. My husband wanted to try El Dente but I couldn't find anything I would like on that menu.

AlanM - Thank you! I didn't even think to check the previous threads on the subject and after you pointed it out, I felt stupid so I took my post down and I don't know how my notifications got turned off. I probably did that trying to figure out how to remove my post. It was nice of you to come back on here and post an apology. My husband works in Boston and we only live an hour away so I don't think like a tourist. I didn't think that tons of people would ask the same thing but I guess I'm wrong.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For Msai52- My favorite North End Restaurants

I think too, that in this economy what was once good six months ago may not be the case now. It's always good to get a current update. Something new could have opened up since it was last discussed.

5. Re: For Msai52- My favorite North End Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 13:17