We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon stay

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon stay

hi everyone

I've read a few similar posts on here, but not one for a few months so I hope you don't mind me refreshing the topic and maybe getting some advice from recent travellers!

myself and the OH have decided on lovely Boston for our honeymoon (from the UK) and will be spending 6 nights in mid/late November (over thanksgiving, exciting!).

We've looked at hotels and like the look of the Taj, Lenox... and just wondering if anyone has other recommendations?

To give it all some context, budget is probably about $250-300/night (cheaper would be great, but would squeeze a couple of extra $$ if it meant something amazing),,, we'll spend most of our time walking around (even though cold!), visiting historical places, shopping, finding cool places to eat and just generally relaxing and having a nice time... we're not late nighters/clubbers/drinkers.

Also, any advice on US websites for discount codes/vouchers if booking with the hotels direct?

Thank you! :)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon stay

If you're looking for updates of reviews, why not just check the reviews on this site for your favorites?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,452 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon stay

Both of the ones you mentioned are older, high end hotels. Personally I prefer the character of older places. Another places to consider would be the Fairmont Copley Plaza.

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon stay

sorry, maybe I didn't word it very well... I was just naming those hotels as examples to give an idea of ones we like, which might allow people to recommend similar :)

(like forgotmypword... thank you! haven't looked at Fairmont Copley Plaza :) )

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,684 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon stay

Comparable newer style hotels in the same class are the Four Seasons, Boston Harbor Hotel and the Ritz Carlton.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,338 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon stay

Check out the Liberty Hotel. The rooms are in a new building, but the restaurants and lobby are in the old city jail. Very unique!

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon stay

On the advice of a poster on this site, I stayed at the Langham at got the loft suite. It was very nice and great for any stay.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,114 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon stay

I am not aware of discount codes for booking direct. I think that's not a common practice in the U.S.

Discounts and specials happen all the time. Prices fluctuate wildly in response to demand (or lack there of). Sites like Expedia and Travelocity will often have special rates and discounts. Right now, Expedia is showing tons of discounts for Thanksgiving week. Taj has 25% off, The Lenox is coming up for $157 (wow!!). Personally, I love the Lenox I'm sure Travelocity and Hotels.com have similar discounts. It must be a low demand time.

If you can stand a little mystery and flexibility, check into bidding sites like Hotwire. Stick to the neighborhoods of Back Bay/Copley, Boston Common/Theater and Quincy Market/Financial (NOT Quincy, MA). Once you identify descriptions that are appealing, experts on this forum may be able to determine exactly which hotel is being offered. You can get some great deals!

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon stay

You also might want to consider the Marriott Custom House. If you mention it's your honeymoon, they may be able to guarantee you something on a high floor, which will have a spectacular view of Boston. I can see how being in your room with some room service champagne and chocolates, and having the whole city spread out before you, sparkling in the evening, would be quite nice.

For discount websites, I usually use Travelzoo, which has great discounts. It might be a bit early for late November discounts to show up, but you should register with them (it's free) and check back frequently.

http://www.travelzoo.com

Edited: 23 September 2011, 17:18
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,336 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon stay

Travelzoo is an excellent suggestion. They have some really good rates for the Copley and Long Wharf Marriotts in November. Though these are not the sort of hotels you're looking at--keep checking back.

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon stay

wow thanks so much for the info guys and girls =)

I'm off to do some searching of the above suggestions, will let you know how I get on =)