We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Boston weather like in October?

Miami
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What's Boston weather like in October?

We are traveling to Boston with our 18-month old baby Oct 9-12th and was wondering how I should dress him. Since we live in Miami, I am having trouble envisioning what it's like to be in 48-64 degrees weather.

Do I need to buy my baby a bubble jacket? Or will a cable knit sweater with a long sleeve underneath be fine?

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

that's an impossible question to answer with any degree of accuracy. Weather is of course entirely unpredictable. I'd hope for pleasantly warm (but not hot) weather and likely to be mostly dry but how you dres your baby - well that's one for you!

Plenty of shopping options so you can always buy something if the weather catches you out.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

If by bubble jacket you mean a down coat/ winter parka type thing, no he won't need one of those. A cable knit sweater should be fine with long sleeve underneath should be fine. If you are bringing a stroller bring a blanket too. BTW - current temps are in the 80s and it is very muggy! not that its likely to stay this way.

nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

A sweatshirt would also work.

Boston...
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

A sweater or sweatshirt will work just fine. The most important suggestion is to layer clothes, that way you can add or take away layers throughout the days. I am going to guess that "pleasantly warm" means something different to you being from Miami than it does for me. To me70 is pleasantly warm and I am guessing it will be on the cool side for you. Early morning and nights will be cooler, but I cannot imagine that you will need a bubble jacket for your son in October.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

Geez people. There is a correct answer: Soko, buy the little nipper a New England Patriots hoodie. Perfect for any occasion.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

I think he'll be fine in a light sweater. It's just a baby anyway, if you find you need different clothes for him, go to Old Navy.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

Actually, this weekend is now forecast to be unseasonably warm. 70's possibly even hit the 80's.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

Layers, layers, layers. It should be nice in October (actually I'd go to Boston in ANY weather. I was there in Feb right after the snow storm. Loved it. Even took a tour of Fenway Park.

Here's a link to ONE site for NE Patriot Baby clothing. They have a cute sweatsuit but it only goes to 4T.

http://www.babyfans.com/baby-patriots.aspx

and another site: footballfanatics.com/NFL_New_England_Patriot…

neither seems to be the "official" Pats site, if they have one.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

87 on the day you get to Boston

10. Re: What's Boston weather like in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 15:19