We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Harvard from Beacon Hill?

Miami
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Harvard from Beacon Hill?

We are staying at the Liberty Hotel and would like to know the best route for getting to Harvard.

Also, from the Liberty what's the best way to get to the Harpoon beer tasting?

My husband and I are traveling with an 18month old in a stroller, if it makes any difference.

City Brew Tours
Beer Tastings & Tours
Ye Olde Tavern Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,627 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Harvard from Beacon Hill?

The Liberty Hotel is right outside of the Charles Street/MGH subway station. The red line stops there. Get on an outbound train (baby rides free) and ride 3 stops to Harvard Square. Both stations are newer and have elevators.

For Harpoon Brewery ... take the red line INBOUND to South Station and walk (15-20mins) from there or take the Silver Line 2 to the Design Center stop at the very end. (It's a bus that you get on underground and that travels through a dedicated tunnel for a while but it will be at street level when you get off.

People manage the subway and bus with babies in strollers all the time. You'll figure it out.

The alternative is taxi ... but I don't know how you feel about riding in a taxi with your child on your lap and you probably don't want to carry your car seat around.

Edited: 29 September 2011, 05:11
Boston
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Harvard from Beacon Hill?

I wouldn't even consider a cab to Harvard. The subway is an easy straight shot from where you are. Only 3 stops to Harvard.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Harvard from Beacon Hill?

The view going over the longfellow is nicer from the train than a cab. I would go for the train wen travelling to Harvard.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,938 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Harvard from Beacon Hill?

Forgotmypword answer was spot on. I believe that the cab suggestion was for the Harpoon Brewery Tour and not for Harvard. Harvard Square is minutes away via the red line.

Enjoy!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Harvard from Beacon Hill?

Just an FYI, if you're talking about this weekend's Harpoonfest....

....it's not a tasting, it's a huge party. Just an FYI in case you're bringing your baby!

6. Re: Best way to get to Harvard from Beacon Hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 00:18