We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
470 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

Hello, we will be visiting Boston for the first time next May 2012. We had decided on the Marriott Long Wharf hotel because of its great location, however prices just seem to keep going up. Can anyone recommend an alternative hotel near the Marriott?

Thanks so much!

Janie

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

Have a look at the Harborside Inn, which is practically across the street from the Marriott, should be cheaper, and in my opinion is very nice.

The Millennium is also very nearby. I haven't ever stayed there and don't know what the rates are like, but it's in a great location, and at least one regular poster here returns there pretty often from what I can tell.

Now, in the same neighborhood is the Boston Harbor Hotel, which is fabulous. However, it will make the Marriott seem cheap by comparison.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

Hi Janie,

I'm a local....I have to say, you really could stay anywhere in the city and be in a good location. The city is so small that you can walk anywhere. You don't need to be at the Marriot Long Wharf... you can get there quite easily.

The Radisson in the Theatre district is great and affordable...

What kind of price range are you looking for?

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
470 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

Thanks everyone for your replies. We like the fact that the Marriott Long Wharf is right across from Freedom Trail, Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall, Charter House etc. Plus, it's right on the water. But it isn't worth $650.00/night IMO.

I'll check out the recommended hotels, thank you so much!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

I stay every year in the Millennium Bostonian - ask for room at front and you'll get wonderful views of Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market & Financial District and from higher floors (5-8) views of the harbour area. Great refurbed rooms and nice walk in showers (No bath in most).

It's in the location you want and whilst we tend not to eat in the hotel restaurant for dinner, the a la carte breakfast is wonderful. If you get a B&B deal snap it up - you get a $25 per person per day allowance - and that will get you anything you like from the a la carte menu. My favourite is the lobster omellette....

As someone else said, Boston is compact and no hotel will be that far out, so stick to this location or hotels near Boston Common (eg Omni Parker House, Nine Zero) and you'll be fine.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
470 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

I just checked the Millennium and the rates are great! It will save us over $800 and it's close to everything we want! Thank you sooo much for the recos. Trip Advisor rocks! :~)

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

no probs you're welcome - enjoy your trip to a wonderful city.

7. Re: Marriott Long Wharf Hotel-alternative?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:19