We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to the Swiss��tel?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, ME
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What happened to the Swiss��tel?

Closed? Renovating? Victim of the Big Dig? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Newton, MA
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to the Swiss��tel?

there was a Swiss Hotel out here in Chestnut Hill, on Rt 9.... if thats what you sre talking about.... its now Park Lane....

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to the Swiss��tel?

Sorry, the forum deleted the O with the accent on it. It's the Swissotel I'm wondering about. It was very near South Station. The actual street was Avenue de Lafayette or something like that. It used to be a nice three-star hotel that used to have good deals a lot. But it's disappeared off the Swissotel website, off hotels.com, and off tripadvisor.com. I was hoping someone would know why! Thanks.

(p.s. it's not the Susse Chalet chain. It's a different chain entirely, based in Switzerland with international properties. The nearest one to Boston is in NYC.)

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to the Swiss��tel?

That hotel is now part of the Hyatt Regency chain.

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to the Swiss��tel?

…hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What happened to the Swiss��tel?

Thanks, spensworld! Woo boy, have they gotten expensive! Any other recommendations for places convenient to South Station for the next time I have a really late or really early train?

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What happened to the Swiss��tel?

The Tremont House, Radisson, Park Plaza, and Seaport hotels would be the closest with comparatively reasonable prices. While indulgence-level rates can be had at the Ritz-Carlton at Boston Common (or the original Ritz less than a mile west), the Four Seasons, and the Omni Parker House.