We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

My 13 year old son and I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Jan 3rd-7th, is there a grocery store close to the hotel? As well, could I please get some advice on good restaurants nearby, especially for breakfast (Emerson's Cafe, Nic's coffee house, Mike & Patty's?). I will probably take him to one of Durgin-Park or Legal Sea foods, but in the North End, the best Italian place for a 13 year old who likes pasta and pizza (casual would be good). Thanks everyone.

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

Hi Mark. I will be staying at the same hotel from wed 30th nov - sun 4th dec. we will also be looking for places for breakfast and too eat so I will report back on here for you.

I know there is a large supermarket called 'Shaws' near the prudential centre which I gathers stock a large range of products. It's not exactly close but probably the best range in the locality unless anybody else has a better response.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

We have to know which Hyatt Regency you mean. I can assume it's the one in Downtown Crossing, but we also have one in Cambridge. Around Downtown Crossing, here are no super markets, but there are several Asian-oriented markets in adjacent Chinatown. Otherwise, you're talking about small convenience stores.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
702 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

There's a Whole Foods supermarket on Cambridge Street -- about a 15-minute walk from the downtown Hyatt Regency. Not exactly close, but (arguably) a better selection than Shaw's, particularly for natural and organic products. You could walk there and then take a taxi back if needed.

If we're talking about the Cambridge location of the Hyatt Regency, there is a Trader Joe's supermarket just a little bit up the road on Memorial Drive.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

Regina's in the North End is considered by most to have the best pizza. There may be a line to get in. All they have is pizza, though, no pasta. Not even salad.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

Assuming you're at the Hyatt Regency, Boston, that's not the best area for supermarkets but there's a small market called Lambert's just a couple of blocks from there. They carry the basics and they make great sandwiches at their deli too. It's on Park Street, across from the Boston Common. Just search for Lambert's Marketplace on Google Maps for directions from your hotel.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. We are staying at the one downtown, sounds like the Whole Foods isn't too far away. Any ideas on a good breakfast place close by?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

Whole Foods is about a mile away, so not exactly close. However, as I said earlier, Chinatown is just a few minutes walk. For breakfast, there are several places along Tremont Street a few blocks from your hotel.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

Thank you for the tip on Tremont Street, looks like it should be easy to find a good place for breakfast.

York
Level Contributor
83 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

I saw on Google maps there was a CVS pharmacy and a 7-11 fairly close. I assume these places would have snacks, drinks, and some grocery items.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants/Grocery Store Near Hyatt Regency

Boston2DC the Lamberts you are remembering is actually on Tremont Street near the corner of Temple Place, but it is across from the Boston Common.

If you love great coffee and wonderful pastry and sandwiches try the Thinking Cup at 165 Tremont. It's a must stop for me when I'm in that area.

http://thinkingcup.com/

You can walk across the Common to Charles Street and there is a small grocery store, The Charles Street Market on the corner of Mt. Vernon Street and and you'll have a couple more breakfast places along there. The Paramont is closest but Panificio at the other end of Charles is also good.

Penny

http://www.bostonzest.com/