We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
239 reviews
Save Topic
Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

This Saturday (December 10) will be the first opportunity to purchase tickets to select April and May games as well as the new four ticket package called 2012 Sox Pax. The sale starts at 10:00am, via RedSox.com/tickets. The Packs are the Opening Day Pack, Marlin Pack, Miami Pack, Patriot's Day Pack, Bambino Pack, Bronx Bomber Pack, Empire Pack, Pinstripe Pack, Yankee Pack, TGIF Pack, Saturday Special Pack, and Sunday Best Pack. I wonder who took the time to think that up?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

They've been doing the Sox Pax for several years. When you purchase, you will have the same seats for the 4 games in the pack so be careful in picking your tickets (particularly Grand Stand purchasers as you don't want to be sitting blocked by a pole!). It will be interesting to see how sales go this year considering the fiasco of last season and all the changes for this year.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

That is the first year I have seen the Sox Pack. I don't look at tickets on the Red Sox site. We usually do a road game and get to Fenway with company season tickets. That's great advice about picking seats carefully and I NEVER recommend Grand Stand seats. They're the worst.

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

Thanks for the heads up. Any advice on where to look for seats if not the grandstand? I'd be hoping to spend roughly $50-$70 and don't really mind what area I'd be sitting in, so long as there wouldn't be a restricted view.

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,791 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

You should avoid the seats that are just beyond first base out to the corner of right field. Those seats face right field and you have to spend the whole game looking over your left shoulder. The seats are not elevated all that much from the one in front of you and that makes it difficult to see if a tall or big person sits in front of you. Any place is fine that you can get other than that whole lower grand stand on the right field side. When it comes to getting tickets for the Sox, you really have limited options unless you want to spend a ton of money. Good luck.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,633 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

I agree with Msia that right field grandstand are not good seats. But, there are many grandstand seats that are just fine.

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

Thanks for the respones guys. I was hoping to get something in the infield grandstand (blue on the seating plan)

…mlb.com/bos/ticketing/seating_pricing.jsp

Does anyone know if there'd be any issues with poles etc in this section or if there's any specific block to aim for / avoid?

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,619 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

Rilo, I don't know of the site myself, but someone here will see your post and help out -- there is a web site that shows the views from seats in Fenway, and you can see before buying what you're getting.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

Use this site when getting tickets. It will show you a virtual view from the exact seats that you enter

http://www.preciseseating.com/fenwaypark2.php

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

What a really helpful link. Thanks very much srauhala.

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Limited Red Sox Tickets on Sale Saturday

Reinforcing what Cabinet said: There are many excellent grandstand seats. The good ones give you the best bang for the buck of any seats in the park, in my opinion. For example, section 24 without obstructions is about as good as it gets.