We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel please?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel please?

Hi, I am trying to select a hotel for the end of March for a conference at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.

My options are

Radisson Hotel Boston

Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers

Doubletree Hotel Boston-Downtown

Based on the TA reviews I would choose the Radisson, but it is undergoing renovations and recent reviews have not been good. Does anyone know when the renovations are due to be completed?

I am looking at these hotels as I can book through the conference registation at a good rate. I will be travelling solo and would like somewhere near to cheap eats, and shopping : ) We will have a shuttle to the conference centre.

Thanks so much for your help!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,760 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel please?

My choices would be 1) Raddisson, 2) Park Plaza 3) Double Tree.

The Radisson is sort of non-descript but ok. I have no clue about the rennovation. The Park Plaza often gets marked down for tiny, older rooms, but I feel it is the best located of the 3. The Double Tree is near a busy hospital ...

The 10-12 minute walk from the Double Tree to the Park Plaza with the raddison in the middle. If you are that worried about the renovations, then I'd go with the Park Plaza.

Happy Planning!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel please?

I basically agree with Forgot. The Park Plaza location is the best, although Boston is small and they are all pretty close to each other. It is a huge older hotel and the word is rooms can vary depending on size and how updated they are. If that's a concern, than Radisson would be my second choice. You could call or email them and ask about the renovations.

Boston...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel please?

I have stayed in hotels under construction and never will do it again. The Raddison is supposed to go under a major face lift. Whatever their time line is for the work, I would add on 4 months.

The Park Plaza is an old hotel with beautiful ballrooms and some very nice rooms. They have some smaller rooms, but I think these first go to the hotwire and priceline customers.

Where you are booking yourself, you can talk to the reservation agent and ask these questions.

So my first choice would be the Park Plaza.

Auckland
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel please?

Great, thank you everyone.

Boston
Level Contributor
624 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel please?

I take it you know that none of these are close to the convention center.

since the Raddison is going under renovations I would suggest the Park Plaza. But if you can get a hotel in the Seaport district that is a better bet.

Auckland
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel please?

Thanks Kirin11. All the hotels offered by the conference organisers have a shuttle running to the conference center so i thought that it might be a better place (when I am not at the conference) to be around Raddison/Park Plaza?

There are three hotels offered right by the conf venue (Westin, Renaissance and Seaport) - do you think I would be better off at one of these?

Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel please?

It depends on how much time you plan to spend at the conference versus seeing the rest of the city.

nys
Level Contributor
197 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel please?

Stay at the Westin if you can afford it as it is connected to the conference center. This was my first choice when I have attended a large conference in Boston, and I don't regret choosing it. It is nice to go back to your room to take a break during the conference and it's convenient to drop materials off in your room. Bring comfortable shoes, as the conference center is large.

Boston
Level Contributor
624 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel please?

I would stay at the Seaport I agree with other poster about ease of going back to the room.

The Seaport is walking distance too.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel please?

The Park Plaza is definitely more centrally located, but the Seaport area isn't too isolated. There are actually a bunch of restaurants and bars down there now. There is also the Silver Line underground bus that connects to South Station and the rest of the T. And, the walk fromt the Westin to South Station isn't horrible, maybe less than 15 minutes. So, it's a trade off between easy access to your room during the conference and convenience to more active areas at other times. If shopping is important, the Park Plaza is the best choice. There really is no shopping down in the Seaport area.