We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reception Near Boston Convention and Expo Center

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo
2 posts
Save Topic
Reception Near Boston Convention and Expo Center

I am planning a cocktail reception for around 40-50 people near the Boston Convention and Expo Center. Can anyone recommend a place with good food, fun atmosphere and reasonable prices that is within walking distance of the Convention and Expo Center? Thank you!

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reception Near Boston Convention and Expo Center

You may want to check out Blue Wave, at 343 Congress St. They're not too far from the convention center, ~1/4 mile on foot. It's a trendy cocktail bar sort of place, with DJ's, and may well have the function capacity you're seeking.

The convention center area is slowly redeveloping and really doesn't have all that much in the way of night life yet. You might have to resort to seeing what the Seaport Hotel has to offer.

Boston
Level Contributor
2,907 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reception Near Boston Convention and Expo Center

Good morning Stevie3812,

You could check out this site to see what they would charge, I don't know how reasonable the prices are, but I do know the atmosphere would be fun and the food would be good too, check it out to see what you think:

www.premieryachtsinc.com/landing/boston.html

The Spirit Of Boston cruises have always been fun, you could see about having your cocktail reception on here...

www.spiritcitycruises.com/boston/bridge.html

This site is neat, it lists a lot of the good restaurants in Boston and it also gives reviews on them as well:

juiceenewsdaily.com/0305/…boston_dining.html

Have fun!