We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

Looking for a quiet, romantic Italian restaurant in Boston. We enjoy the North End food and vibe, however this is a special occasion where we would like to converse without yelling, take our time and enjoy FRESH ingredients. A place that actually has real, fresh, homemade italian bread paired with imported romano cheese in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic reduction (something I have yet to find at a North End restaurant..although I am sure it exists somewhere there).

A restaurant that serves "homemade" pasta. A place with a chef that can create amazing and unique dishes that melt in your mouth.

I find these places in NYC and California...any suggestions in Boston would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,232 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

Try Mama Maria's.

USA
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

Just checked it out....actually found a photo on Yelp that displayed the bread, oil and olives....place looks fantastic...THANKS!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,251 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

I like Mamma Maria's too, but also take a look at Marco on Hanover St. (second floor). They are not your typical red sauce place either and they have a fireplace (although I think they just light candles in it now because of problems with the draft). Don't remember the specifics on the bread, but everything is very good threre.

USA
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

Thanks Cabinet..funny you mentioning Marco as prior to your post I was reviewing their menu and web site!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

Mamma Maria and Marco are both great. Carmen may also work for you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

When are you going and sorry if I missed that detail.

Many of the "romantic" restaurants lose their romance on the weekends, especially if yelling is a deal breaker for you.

I like Carmen, last time I checked they said they were closed on Monday's, but this past Monday I saw a few couples dining.

7. Re: Romantic Italian Restaurant in Boston?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2013, 10:30