We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels or B&B near Simmons College -

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels or B&B near Simmons College -

Hi I may be taking a two week course at Simmons college at the end of May early June - can someone recommend a good inepensive quiet place to stay in the area near public transportation

I do not know Boston at all - Is the Back Bay area the right place to look or somewhere else?

Thanks

Level Contributor
421 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels or B&B near Simmons College -

Hi Susan- Back Bay is a comfortable walking distance to Simmons (in addition to train availability), Kenmore Square is close, and many other areas are convenient to the MBTA. Will dorm rooms be available, or does Simmons have a listing of places that may give a discount? The Longwood Medical area is also quite close, but may not be as quiet as you were looking for. Good luck!

Berkshires
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels or B&B near Simmons College -

The Gryphon House is an excellent Bed and Breakfast, near Kenmore Square, and it's within walking distance of Simmons College. I've attached their website address for your use:

http://www.gryphonhouseboston.com/

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels or B&B near Simmons College -

Any B & B or guest house in Brookline would also be convenient, none more so than the Beacon Townhouse. It's a short walk from the Simmons campus via Park Drive. There's a small grocery store (supermarket but on a 1940's scale) close by, as well as the excellent Boston Book Annex and numerous good restaurants and pubs. Yet despite all that - and a trolley line along the street in front - it's actually very quiet and laid-back.

Get in touch with Simmons' housing office before making any reservations, as they've probably arranged for student-discount deals at various lodging places. While the Back Bay isn't horrendously distant from the campus (the joke in Boston is that everything is a "10-minute walk" away) you'd do better distance-wise *and* price-wise in Brookline.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
14,658 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels or B&B near Simmons College -

In addition to the splendid suggestions already given you, take a look at Boston's Hostelling International facility:

http://www.bostonhostel.org

And here is a local B&B/guesthouse association; note that it has a separate category of listings for Brookline.

http://www.bnbboston.com

"Boston Medical Center B&B" may be of interest to you; nothing fancy to be sure, but set in a residentail neighborhood only a couple of blocks from public transportation and she apparently charges only $400-450/week!

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels or B&B near Simmons College -

Thanks everyone for you comments.

I hope to be able to come.