Wife and I are coming up from March 12-16.
Looking for true INSTITUTIONS in Boston. I've heard stick to the North End, but want suggestions.
We're staying in Cambridge right across the bridge in the Marriott, so accessibility is no problem.
Rules for our dining
1) No Oriental whatsoever...wife is not a fan
2) No chains (well, at least not big ones) I've heard of Legal Seafood and know there are a few.
3) No FINE DINING...somewhere we can go in with sweater and jeans and be comfortable.
4) Obviously want seafood, but seems like Italian is very big up there as well.
5) It can be a dive...no worries there.
6) Cost...well, it's relative I guess...but I don't want a majorly expensive meal, but throw it out.
7) Atmosphere is a must, but relative also...somewhere that feels local.
Basically we're looking for the place you would take your best friend if he was in town for a weekend. If you were coming to Ft. Worth/Dallas, that would be relatively easy...so hoping that there are some up there.
ALSO...what about bars and places that you have to drink...we will be in the Fenway area, we're going to Samuel Adams, also the Freedom Walk. Heard there are pubs galore after you pass the Boston Massacre scene and up towards the bridge before the Constitution.
Hope this helps...if you need to ask questions, please feel free.
Thanks for any help you can offer.