We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Woodbridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

My buddy and I are taking the over night train in to Boston from DC Friday night and are heading back on the Sunday night train. We only need one night are are pretty much going to hit the bars and for food. Where is the best place to stay maxing out $300 a for the night. We will be walking until the earth starts tilting too much so a place closer to the action is better. Thoughts?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,391 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

The hotels around Quincy Market (Fanieul Hall) and the financial district will fit the bill for you.

Some of the hotels in that area include:

Ames

Millennium

Club Quarters

Hilton Financial District

Harborside Inn

I'm not sure how prices are runnign right now, but Club Quarters and Harborside are usually lower priced

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

A) Practically every hotel in Boston is close to SOME irish bar (they're almost as common and Dunkin Donuts)

B) Don't go to Fanueil Hall on St. Pats, you'll basically be throwing your money away, try the waterfront, Fenway, cambridge/somerville, etc

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

I agree about staying away from Faneuil hall.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

I recommend this link because it gives some info on many Irish Pubs as well as a pretty decent map (though I notice it needs updating. It's missing several pubs in Brighton and there are some on it that no longer exist like The Kells in Allston.) thehungrymouse.com/2009/…

Anyway, my personal favorite downtown (if you must stay downtown) is Mr. Dooley's. Otherwise, I prefer the pubs in Brighton, Somerville and Cambridge. Good luck getting into any of them though. Bars fill up fast no matter what day of the week St. Pats falls on but, given that it's a Saturday this year, I expect pure mayhem. Have fun.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

To find hotels by Irish bars, do the following:

1) Tape map of Boston to the wall

2) Throw dart at map

3) Stay at hotel closest to dart

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

That's not really quite true. Most of the Irish Pubs arein the area around Faneuil Hall, so darts don't work particularly well. And to say "Stay away from this area" is a little counter-productive if you want to really get the feel of the celebration..

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

There are some places in Brighton to consider, the Green Briar, ex., but t'is a bit of a ride on the Watertown bus from Kenmore station and will be out of the way for you if you are staying downtown.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 18:43
Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

I think the statement about throwing money away in faneuil hall had to do with the cover charges.

On saint Patrick's day, there are two types of bars: those that are Irish and those that are trying to be Irish

9. Re: St. Patricks day hotel by Irish bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:18