We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is braintree too far for visiting boston

los angeles
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
is braintree too far for visiting boston

Hello,

We have a family trip planned for June 2 to 6th. cost is a major concern we have the new Hyatt place in Braintree reserved the one in medford was not available under the family discount . we were ok with commuting from medford will braintree be much longer? the hotel will have a shuttle to the T. would we be better off staying by the airport? the rates appear to be better than in the city.

Thanks in advance

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: is braintree too far for visiting boston

If you want to stay in a hyatt, I would do the Logan location over Braintree. Getting back and forth to Braintree can be a pain and take up to an hour either by car or train.

You can get to Boston from the Logan hyatt either by water taxi, mbta boat or blue line train. The view of Boston from this hyatt is very nice.

Mbta.com

Massport.com

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is braintree too far for visiting boston

This is a pretty common question -- stay in the 'burbs for a lower hotel rate. Wiz is right, from the time you leave your hotel to get to downtown, it's about an hour. So, you have a two-hour commute each day. You also have the cost of a round-trip subway ride multiplied by the number of people in your family. For my money, I'd rather spend on a closer hotel and save on subway fare.

You're also really isolated in Braintree. There is a shopping mall across the highway, but if you do not have a car, you'll be marooned once you're back at the hotel.

How many people are you? And how many rooms do you need? I bet there is a better choice. Oh, the airport -- ugh. Closer to town, by a lot, but not to scenic.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,112 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is braintree too far for visiting boston

It's not too far but it's just not convenient either. If you are coming all the way from LA, I suggest traveling the last few miles and stay in town.

4. Re: is braintree too far for visiting boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:43