We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North End area hotel

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
North End area hotel

Hi!

Can someone be kind enough to direct me to a reasonably priced hotel around the north end that you would recommend?

We are a younger couple, which is to say we prefer quiet but don't mind noise.

Reasonably priced = not paying for glitz and excess in order to save some money to spend in town! But also no blinking neon MOTEL sign and rat tracks on the bedspread.

Thank you!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: North End area hotel

There actually is only one hotel in the North End - The Fairmount Battery Wharf. Reasonably priced, by most people's definition, and Downtown don't mix very well. Now, what do YOU consider "reasonably priced" and when are you coming?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,481 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North End area hotel

Alan's correct. Hotel prices vary from day to day depending on what's going on in town. So dates and the amount you are willing to pay will go a long way in helping us help you.

You might want to check out the Harborside Inn on State Street. It's a short walk to the North End and often has good rates, but without knowing your dates or budget I have no clue if it will work for you.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: North End area hotel

Yes did not want to insult by putting a budget. Part of two weeks along the north east coast. 4th of july week in Boston is a highlight, so understandably can spend a little more. But with the disclaimer that money for lodging is not a priority in our vacation budget--that is to say, any dollar not spent on the room is a dollar for a beer or a tour or a show etc.

And any minute spent in the room is a minute not spent in the city I came to visit, is how I see it. This is my budget.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: North End area hotel

Telling us what you want to spend is not an insult, but will better enable us to make suggestions. Otherwise, we are really working in the dark. If money in not an issue ,then say so and we can make recommendations for that accordingly. You have to help us in order for us to help you.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,481 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North End area hotel

Asking us to give you advice without giving the information needed to provide GOOD answers is insulting. Giving us a budget that might be too low, that allows us to come back and say "that's too low" is not insulting, it's HELPFUL to both you and us.

We are volunteers who do this because we love our city and like to help other . We do not work for hotels, and if you tell us your budget is $300 a night and we find a great room for $150, we aren't going to hide that information from you.

4th of July in Boston has been broadcast nationwide for several years and has become a VERY popular time for visitors. That drives prices up.

I took a quick look at httl://www.lastminutetravel.com where is is easy to identify some of the "unnamed"hotels by the photos.

I guessed at what dates you mean by "4th of July week" ... is that a 5 day week or a 7 day week? 6 nights or 7 nights?.

I chose an arrival date of Sunday July 1 and a departure date of Sat July 7 (7 days/6 nights) for two people.

Here's what I find. Of course I have no clue if these dates or prices work for you. All prices are before tax and do not include parking (in case you have a car, although you don't need or want one in Boston)

4* Back Bay Hotel with an average price of $277/night is the Copley Square Hotel.

3.5* Back Bay Hotel with an average price of $147/night is the Marriott Copley Place

4* hotel in the Quincy/Financial/Waterfront/Boston area for $160 is either the Westin Waterfront or the Renaissance. These are ok hotels (although Westin reviews have been mixed of late) but they are not conveniently located to the tourist sites or to seeing 4th of July fireworks (better for New Year's Eve fireworks).

4* Back Bay area hotel for $178 is the Colonnade. It is well-regarded and has a rooftop pool which might be desirable in July.

3* Back Bay area hotel for $194 is the Park Plaze

4* Back Bay area hotel for $191 is the Back Bay Hotel

So ... that should get you started. Of course if you use different dates than I did, you may get different results on LMT.

If you decide to use LMT, check the cancellation policy carefully. Some are more generous than others.

You can also check Hotels.com where the hotels are named. Once you get an idea of what prices are you should set a desired budget and let us know, along with the EXACT dates and number of people in your group so we can give you better answers.

Happy Planning!

Edited: 11 March 2012, 21:50
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: North End area hotel

Thanks for the advice. And for the advice on asking for advice. This is a good start.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: North End area hotel

So you're not going to answer the request?

8. Re: North End area hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2012, 04:29
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: North End area hotel

Alan I am a little confused. I said thank you, I appreciate your help! I am in great shape to book a hotel.

CathandSpence, you seem a little aggressive promoting that link, across many different forums and threads. Does that kind of marketing really work? I would guess many, like me, would simply report it as spam, which would do more harm that good in the long run.

10. Re: North End area hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 12:41