We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Weather?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Current Weather?

I hear Boston is having good weather at the moment.... well slightly better than Ireland!

Just wondering will I still need a heavy coat or just a jacket for visiting this weekend?!

I'd like to keep loads of space in the suitcase for shopping ;-)

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Weather?

Never come to Boston in March without warm clothing, regardless of the weather forecast.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Weather?

It's warmer but there's been some clouds this week, I would bring a windbreaker and a fleece

Boston...
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Weather?

I think you can leave the heavy coat at home. Bring enough to be able to dress in layers.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,036 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Weather?

A heavy jacket should suffice, especially if you have a sweater or fleece jacket you can layer underneath, just in case the weather turns. Use that fleece or sweater as your "jacket" if weather stays warm.

There's rarely a need to take up suitcase space with a winter coat. You can bring it on the plane and it doesn't count towards your "carry on" baggage limitation.

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,213 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current Weather?

it's that time of year when we have to decide each morning which jacket (and sweater and down vest even) combination to wear every morning. no one knows what we will need to wear this weekend! :-)

Boston
Level Contributor
6,715 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current Weather?

Forecast for this weekend is saying 60F+ during the day and 40's at night, so fairly warm for this time of year. I think you will be fine with a decent jacket and a sweater.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Current Weather?

Don't forget the hat and gloves

8. Re: Current Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 04:42