We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

Bermuda
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

Hi everyone. I have been given conflicting info regarding catching a bus(peterpan/dattco) from Logan airport to New Bedford. My question is, do I catch it directly at the airport. Is there a reservations desk in the airport terminals.Where do I have to go. Arriving by Delta about 2pm if that helps. Peter Pan said it is run by Dattco, but times posted seem very different! Going to see my first grand-baby, and I am not wanting to get lost before I even start out. Help Please!!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

There is no bus station or reservation desk at Logan, so if the bus leaves from there, you will need to work out the schedules with the companies involved. Why don't you call them directly and ask your specific questions.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

Calling the bus company would be the smart thing to do. Once at Logan, each terminal has a massport information desk.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

Thank you so much. The reason I posted was that I an international traveler, and the response to the online chat from their customer service dept was vague at best. I was hoping that there was someone who had taken any bus service out of Logan who could tell me where the buses leave from etc. I will give a call and hope its not the cost of the actual bus ticket by the time I finish :) I will also try the massport desk. Again thanks!

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

Massport.com

If what your looking for goes thru Logan, it maybe on this link

Bermuda
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

Looking at that as you must have been typing. The website for the company says there is service from Logan and one other Boston point, but their online chat department says "no"!! Hence my dilemma. I will try to sort. I do thank you!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

All busses stop at every terminal and you can by your ticket on the bus.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

Aww, thank you!!! Just what I was hoping to hear. The customer service of the company needs to be able to advise this. You made things so much easier!!! Thanks!!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

I think I know the issue.I don't believe any busses go from the Airport directly to New Bedford. You would go someplace and transfer. I would invest a few dollars to make a call and get the difinitive answer.

Bermuda
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

I know that it will make several stops including a transfer along the way. It was just the starting point, that was of concern. I thank you all!!

Fairhaven...
Destination Expert
for New Bedford
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus Service from Boston Logan to New Bedford

I occasionally take the bus from NB to Boston's South Station. You pay the bus driver directly. The bus will make two stops before they get to the bus station in downtown New Bedford. Here is their link.

dattco.com/scheduled-commuter-service/…

Maybe the Boston experts can advise you on getting to South Station.