We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston hotel pre-cruise June 2nd?

toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boston hotel pre-cruise June 2nd?

Looking for 2 rooms in boston on Saturday June 2nd for one night pre-cruise. Hoping to keep the budget under $150 per room - looks like the airport region is the cheapest option that's near transit? Any suggestions on where to stay?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,143 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston hotel pre-cruise June 2nd?

Many of the "airport hotels" are not near transit and are quite far away from the airport and central Boston. Some will provide a shuttle van ride to the airport, where you can then get transit, but it could be a long and inconvenient ride.

Your budget is quite low for that time of year. You may want to book something that you can cancel without a fee, then see what comes up on sites like lastminutetravel.com

Let us know your priorities. Do you plan on enjoying Boston during day/night? Or are you just looking for the cheapest place to sleep and get to the cruise terminal?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,456 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston hotel pre-cruise June 2nd?

Wow ... I checked www.lastminutetravel.com and the Marriott Copley place which is often a bargain is coming up at $512 for that night. UNREAL! I see no big conventions and no big college graduations ... June is popular, but still ...

That said, on http://www.lastminutetravel I see 4 star hotel Quincy/Financial/Waterfront/Boston ... for $173. While it's not the city of Quincy nor Quincy market and it's not the Financial district, it's not far from the cruise terminal and it is the cheapest option I see .... I can tell by matching photos, that it's the Westin Waterfront.

Another option would be to use priceline to bid on a 4 star airport hotel. If you win it will be the airport hilton or the Hyatt Harborside ... those are the only 4 star airport hotels and both really are at the airport unlike others, as already mentioned by Chris. The water taxi dock is right behind the Hyatt ... and

toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Boston hotel pre-cruise June 2nd?

thought about priceline, problem is we have 6 people, so we need atleast one of the rooms with 2 beds, and with priceline that's no guarantee.

I don't see anything in town that day, Red Sox aren't playing, so not sure why rates are so high. Priority will be to see boston during the day and probably just go back to the hotel at night to crash.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boston hotel pre-cruise June 2nd?

City Water Taxi will charge $20.00 per person to go to the black flacon.

The westin waterfront is the closest and if you can get it for the posted price, I would book it.

5. Re: Boston hotel pre-cruise June 2nd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:17