We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

I hadn't heard of this website till I was doing some reading here, and the prices I'm finding for my dates in Boston seem pretty amazing. I'll be there from July 26-29 before going on to Providence for a conference. First time visit to Boston and super excited to be coming.

I'm seeing Marriott Copley Place at $147, Hilton Boston Back Bay at $154, and Sheraton Boston at $155. It looks like I'm able to cancel when booking through this website, yes? Am I missing anything I really need to know?

I want to be as close as I can to public transit as I don't think I'll have a car. Does one of these three hotels seem like a better choice than the others?

Thanks for your help.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

Sorry, meant lastminutetravel.com. It sounds like people can't see which hotel they're looking at? I'm seeing the names of hotels.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,343 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

Those hotels are in the same area and all are fine and near subway stops. It's really hard to pick one over the other. The Sheraton is a very large hotel. I would read the reviews and pick one.

Sometime hotel names are shown on that site, but it seems odd that all of those would appear. Sometimes we can tell what hotels they are from the photos. The Marriott's name actually appears in one of the photos. Is that what you mean?

I recently used lastminutetravel in another city and had no problems.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

Yes all the names were listed - probably 12 hotels. That's why I wondered if I was looking at the right site. Plus the rates seem too low to be true.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

I think you can cancel within three days with lastminutetravel.com but double check current rules.

I don't see the hotels names but the $147 is the Marriott, and the Hilton is $154, and the Sheraton. So you're correct.

All are convenient to the "T." And the Sheraton and Marriott are connected to the Copley Place and Prudential malls so you can walk from one to the other without going outside. The Hilton is just across the street from the Sheraton. So choose the hotel that appeals to you. They're all right in the same area.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

Thank you. I do think it's strange that I can see the names.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

Me too! How come I don't see the names. Does the site change according to your location? Doesn't matter. Take advantage of anything that sounds good.

The only hotel I could see was the Seaport.

Salem, Oregon
Level Contributor
305 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

None were blocked for me. Now to choose!

8. Re: Hotels and Lastminutedeals.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2013, 09:18