We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning june trip to boston

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgia
Level Contributor
115 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
planning june trip to boston

I wanted to lay out my plan and see if anyone had ideas, suggestions, etc. Also I am planning on purchasing the gobostoncard for 3-5 days. One other point my husband and I are young and very fit.

Day 1 - arrive app 12:40 to airport, take green line to our hotel - harborside inn (res already made). I gave us several hours to get from airport to hotel and settle in. I am planning a duck tour at 3:30 - I will order tickets in advance. We will be done at 5:00 (app) and I was planning on a nice meal - also w/ res :)(i know totally ocd). I would assume dinner done at 6ish (we are not lingerers) and at that point I planned for us to go to the museum of fine art as it is open until 9:45 on friday on the website.

Day 2 - light meal at the hotel or nearby, T to fenway park for fenway park tour 9-10, I would like to eat a nice meal near fenway - elephant walk or citizen's public house and oyster bar (we both eat very healthy, I am a fishy vegan), I want to be at the trinity church by 12:15 for the organ concert (we may fit a quick visit to the boston public library in before the concert). Then the Freedom Trail - probably self-guided we rarely have the patience to wait in a huge group. We may not be able to finish it all. I particularly want to see the inside of mass state house, old granary cemetery, possibly king's chapel, paul revere's house, old north church and uss constitution w/ museum. At that point we may eat again or go straight to fenway park where we have tickets for the 7:10 game and eat there - my husband probably wants to do this (bleck - try being a fishy vegan at a baseball game).

day 3 - we are huge american history buffs so I was thinking a lexington/concord trip would be nice, we are happily debating whether a car will be a good idea, but after reading all the options I think that is the only way. If a car is a no go we are considering plymouth or salem. Back to boston for dinner - probably peach farm and then the ghost tour at 8

Day 4 - Harvard - I was thinking about henrietta's table for brunch, doing the harvard walk described in frommer's and then (shockingly enough) I don't have any plans (anybody think fitting in plymouth is feasible?) - thinking of a nice dinner and possible sheer madness to end.

I know this sounds like a lot but we recently had to walk 20 miles in the andean mountains in one day and did just fine. We like to keep very busy, we dislike waiting and we don't loiter EVER

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,414 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: planning june trip to boston

This doesn't sound like alot at all

Seems acttually like a nice pretty leisurely trip. But what are you planning to do with the Go Cards. I don't see any use at all. And you're hotel is on the Blue Line - not Green.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,760 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning june trip to boston

Overall, a good plan, but I see a few problems.

Day 1 --- the BLUE line runs from Airport Station to Aquarium Station, which is near the harborside inn. Maybe it's me, but dinner at a sitdown reservation kind of place is probably not going to be done in an hour, even if you aren't the lingering type. But, if you eat at 5, you should have time for the MFA.

Day 2 -- if Day 1 is Friday that means Day 2 is Saturday and the State house (assuming you mean the gold-domed one near the start of the freedom trail and not the "old state house" near the middle of the trail) isn't opened on weekends and holidays. So you may need to shift this to another day.

Salem can be done without a car. Plymouth is EXTREMELY difficult without a car. Lexington and Concord is sort of a 'mixed bag'. Look up "Liberty Tour" and see if it will be running while you are here and if you can connect up with it, without wasting a lot of time. Personally, I think you'd find a car easier.

Day 4 ... Brunch at Henrietta's ... they serve breakfast and lunch and have lots of options, but their "Brunch Menu" is only served on Sundays.

Happy Planning!

Georgia
Level Contributor
115 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning june trip to boston

We will be arriving thursday, so day four IS sunday and day two is friday (freedom trail). We are flying out monday morning. Any suggestions for sunday afternoon?

Georgia
Level Contributor
115 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning june trip to boston

thank you for the input by the way - awesome :). Especially plymouth, I'm bummed but good to know. I have heard the liberty tour is kind of pain b/c you can't get off and on very easily

Georgia
Level Contributor
115 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning june trip to boston

also would lexington/concord/plymouth in one day be feasible with a car rental?

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: planning june trip to boston

Yes, you can do lex and concord in one day.

After brunch, you can easily spend a few hours in Harvard square.

Georgia
Level Contributor
115 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: planning june trip to boston

these are the thing that I see would benefit us on the goboston care and please correct me if I am wrong - I am just considering this, I would rather do this then order separate tickets from all over - however if it doesn't work that way please let me know.

Duck tour is a bonus attraction w/ a 3 day card - free

Fenway park tour

museum of fine art

paul revere's house

concord museum

Louisa May alcott home

4 lexington attractions

swan boats

plymouth plantation an mayflower II

Discounts from:

haunted footstep ghost tour

red sox team store

sheer madness

Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: planning june trip to boston

Lexington&Concord can be done in a day for sure, but not L&C in addition to Plymouth, unless you got what we in Boston call a wicked early start, and even then, I'd say that you might be pushing it.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: planning june trip to boston

They have sushi and a legal seafood stand at Fenway btw.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: planning june trip to boston

They have sushi and a legal seafood stand at Fenway btw.