We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logan To Providence?

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Logan To Providence?

I normally get the bus from Logan to Providence when I visit. This time I'd like to get the train, as it's much faster. What bus takes me to South Station from Logan, can I get any bus, do they all stop off at South Station?? I will have a large suitcase as I will be on holidays, is this possible by train? I normally sit on the bus for 2 hours and don't have to worry about moving 'til the last stop at Providence Plaza! I'm well used to Logan but always like to have my bearings well thought out before going somewhere new like South Station. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, thank you.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Logan To Providence?

You take the silverline from your terminal to south station

Mbta.com

Massport.com

You can pay cash if you don't want to stop to get a card.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Logan To Providence?

The bus station is a separate building behind the train station where you arrive from Logan.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Logan To Providence?

Are they far apart, how much time should I allow to get from Logan to South Station?

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Logan To Providence?

The two terminals are no more than a five-minute walk from each other (but you aren't going to the bus station, right?). Probably no more than ten minutes from the airport to South Station once you get on the Silver Line.

No problem with the suitcase on the train.

Somerville...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Logan To Providence?

The Silver Line leaves directly from all the terminals, take it to South Station, it's a 10-15 minute ride to south station.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Logan To Providence?

The Silver Line goes via The Waterfront is this correct? Can I get the Silver Line outside the door of my terminal like a Peter Pan/Bonaza bus? I will be on a very tight schedule to make the 1.50 train, if I arrive into Logan at 1.20!!!

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Logan To Providence?

You get it right outside the terminal, you cannot miss it. That is cutting it close, if checking luggage you will not make it.

Each terminal has an info desk.

Edited: 11 April 2012, 15:50
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Logan To Providence?

I'm hoping for a good breeze across the Atlantic, might get me in a little ahead of schedule... fingers crossed.. :) Thanks for all the help guys. If you see a lunatic knocking people down tearing through South Station with a massive suitcase, it's me!!!!!

Hollis, New...
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Logan To Providence?

There will be another train to Providence about a half-hour later, and others regularly after that, so I don't know why you should get crazy about it.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Logan To Providence?

If you have a massive suitcase, there's no way you can make it no matter how fast you run. Arrival times are not when you are in the terminal, it's when the plane arrives. Picking up luggage? Really, forget it and go to Plan B.