We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to leave Boston for Montreal

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
When to leave Boston for Montreal

I'm driving to Montreal after arriving in Boston and spending a few days there. Curious to know when I should head out. I'm leaving on a Thursday and wanted to miss as much of the morning rush hour as possible without leaving too late in the morning. Does 9 or 10 a.m. seem reasonable?

Thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to leave Boston for Montreal

Yes, that seems reasonable with the caveat that on any given day something can happen to throw a kink in the plan. What time of year are you talking about?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,142 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to leave Boston for Montreal

What route will you be taking? Assuming you'll head 93N, there won't be tons of traffic other than at the 128/93 interchange. 9 is fine (barring 'exceptions' as Mahj pointed out, but if you are ready to go earlier, I wouldn't sit around waitng for the clock to read 9:00.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When to leave Boston for Montreal

I wouldn't worry about. If you are leaving Boston you'll be going against traffic on 93 north. Getting out of Boston in the morning is rarely difficult.

San Diego
Level Contributor
211 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to leave Boston for Montreal

Thanks for your help. We'll be doIng the trip in a couple of weeks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to leave Boston for Montreal

You'll be fine no beach traffic then.

6. Re: When to leave Boston for Montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:42