We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking possiblities to take the trolley tour

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
596 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Parking possiblities to take the trolley tour

We want to do the trolley tour and would like to find out which is the best way to get to the trolley. We are staying in Andover and have a vehicle. we are 4 adults...should we look at parking close to the trolley route or is it more economical to take the subway and if so where would we catch the subway and park the vehicle close to the subway station

Mentioned in this post
Andover
Andover
Massachusetts
Liberty Fleet of Tall Ships
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Old Town Trolley Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
Tuckamore Aviation
City Tours, Helicopter Tours, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Boston Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Food Tours, City Tours
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,016 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking possiblities to take the trolley tour

Check this thread. It eventually talks about parking.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60745-i48-k537727…

Bottom line is, how much are you willing to pay and what's your tolerance for driving in an unfamiliar place, possibly in traffic?

It's expensive to park downtown on a weekday, but if stay too far away and take commuter rail, it's cheap to park but cost $10+/per person round trip to take the train, so how much are you saving? If you don't WANT to drive in the city, then subway is probably best. From Andover you could come down 93 and park at Wellington or Sullivan Square ... it will be $5-$6 to park plus $4/per person round trip. But by then you are almost in the city ....

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking possiblities to take the trolley tour

The cheapest way would be to head right to the seaport lots. $14.00 will allow you to park all day. It is not difficult to find, but very easy to get back on 93north.

You could also head to the Boston common garage.

Even the Copley place garage has a special if you arrive early enough.

Driving into Boston from the north is very nice once you hit the zakim bridge, and there is nothing difficult about it.

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
596 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking possiblities to take the trolley tour

Thanks for the info. My husband has no problems about driving in a strange city.....he has an absolute fantastic sense of direction.......we have gone to boston once but not as a tourist...

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking possiblities to take the trolley tour

I was going to add that if I found my way around Montreal, toronto, and others parts of Canada without a gps, then most can find their way around Boston.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
5. Re: Parking possiblities to take the trolley tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:17