We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Priceline/LMT/Hotwire Question

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Priceline/LMT/Hotwire Question

How do you know what kind of bed you'll get when you book on one of the bidding sites or where they have a sale rate without hotel name? Is there a minimum they must provide? I've been looking for a little while and still can't seem to find this info. Thanks!

PS: Is Last Minute Travel really as good as it looks? I was able to find out which hotel was part of this pretty good deal just by looking at the hotel pics they'd posted?!

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Priceline/LMT/Hotwire Question

If I'm pretty sure I know the hotel (Hotwire or LMT - I'm not a Priceline user), I look on that hotel's website to see what they have for bed choices. That narrows it down a bit. I just used LMT for a trip to Washington, D.C. I called instead of booking online and got a lower rate. They told me that they couldn't guarantee my bed choice request, but would submit it. A couple of days after booking, I called the hotel directly and they confirmed the request and said that they would be able to honor it. Interestingly enough, LMT also confirmed which hotel it was before I booked. It was my first time using LMT, but I will use it again.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,054 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Priceline/LMT/Hotwire Question

LMT seems to work really well for people. And there seems to be an advantage to calling and booking rather than booking on line.

And they do make it fairly easy to identify most of the hotels.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,080 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Priceline/LMT/Hotwire Question

There's no guarantee of bed size. If it's for two people, they must provide at least a double bed or two twins. If you can identify the hotel, you can see what type of beds they offer. Some hotels only have queens and kings.

Check the LMT FAQ. Apparently you can set preferences that hotels will try to accommodate, but no guarantees. http://www.lastminutetravel.com/info/Faq.aspx

Yes, LMT is very good for Boston. Many hotels are easily identified. This isn't true of all cities, but many Boston hotels seem to be fine with being not-so-secret.

Boston
Level Contributor
29 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Priceline/LMT/Hotwire Question

There are many tools that help in the bidding process. betterbidding.com is one the of better sites which gives tips and advice on bidding and a history of winning bids. In my personal experience there are some hotels that treat price line customers like 2nd class guests (Sheraton in Garden Grove Ca and The Omni Parker House in Boston to name two). Most recently I "won" a stay at the Omni Parker House in Boston. At the Parker House they give price Line guests the worst room in the house with the smallest bed. I think the sq footage was 125 and the bed was a double. For two adults this bed is not big enough, and they should be shamed as advertising this room as accommodating two people. When I asked about a bigger bed I was told I could upgrade for $50. The staff including the Front Desk Manager were all very rude and and they told me next time book directly with the hotel and you wouldn't have this problem. Now when I bid in Boston I won't bid on the Boston Common Theater district (#2 on price line) since I don't want to stay at this hotel. There are plenty of 4 star hotels in Boston close by to the theater district that treat all guests as first class. The Ames and Marriott Long Wharf to mention a few).

Edited: 01 July 2012, 21:29
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,464 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Priceline/LMT/Hotwire Question

Oh hotwire you specify the number of people, so if you say there are 3 people in your group you get a minimum of 1 double, one twin, but since very few hotels in the US are configured this way, it's usually 2 doubles or 2 queens.

Sometimes on LMT you have your choice of bed configs (at different price points). It varies.

6. Re: Priceline/LMT/Hotwire Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 10:15