We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk to Fenway

Yanceyville, North...
Level Contributor
11 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
walk to Fenway

I will be staying at the Sheraton this weekend. How far is the walk to Fenway? After the game, should I walk back or take subway.: thanks

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: walk to Fenway

Easy 15 minute walk each way. Def walk back.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walk to Fenway

Yes, the subway will be insanely, uncomfortably crowded after the game. By the time you manage to push through the crowds waiting on the platform and squeeze yourself into a packed subway car just to travel one stop, you could have had a pleasant walk back to your hotel. In fact, even it if is raining, the walk would be more pleasant.

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walk to Fenway

Walk. Do not take the T. It is an easy, pleasant walk and a crowded and painful T ride.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,631 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walk to Fenway

Walk down Boylston, take a right on Ipswich, it will bring your right to Fenway.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walk to Fenway

The T is terrible on game nights. Lots of drunk obnoxious people! I live in Fenway and always always always walk.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,631 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walk to Fenway

I went to the game last Sunday and took the subway from Kenmore afterward as I had to go down by the waterfront. There as a bit of a wait to get in the station, maybe 10 minutes tops. Everyone was orderly. Cars were in the station and I got a seat! Not crushed either.

Stamford...
Level Contributor
135 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: walk to Fenway

Well, if you have to take the T because you are staying further away it makes sense. But, the OP is staying right nearby so it makes more sense to walk.

8. Re: walk to Fenway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:42