We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions

Hawley, Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestions

I'll be in Boston for the red sox game on June 5th. I'm looking to spend $150 or less on a hotel and I'm having trouble finding one near Fenway. Any suggestions?

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Sheraton, midtown or buckminister

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,789 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions

My suggestion would be to increase your budget. It's the tail end of graduation season and there must be some big conferences going on as well because prices are EXTREMELY high.

LastMinuteTravel.com has only a few options. Some are "on request" and you probably won't get them. In the "available" category, They have the Midtown for $179 (a very dumpy 2 star hotel). That's about it.

You could stay at Hotel Indigo next to the Riverside T station for $197

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Midtown is not a very dumpy Hotel. It is a very clean basic no frills hotel in a great location.

Indigo is nice but not downtown

Edited: 23 May 2012, 01:10
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,449 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions

Brookline has a few B&Bs which could be in your price range, and very easy access to Fenway on the C line.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,675 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestions

$150 is a very low rate for Boston at any time. If the Midtown at $179 meets your needs, that's about as good as it gets (don't know about B&B option). The Buckminster is a very old hotel that is very close to Fenway, but until recently it got pretty bad reviews. You could also check out the Howard Johnson's near Fenway. These are all budget hotels, so read the reviews here on TA to see if they suit you.

It probably won't help you, but note that you don't have to get a hotel very close to Fenway as Boston is small and Fenway is easy to get to by subway.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestions

The buckminister has been getting good reviews for several years now. It is just recent that some are aware of it.

7. Re: Hotel Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:42