We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fenway Park Tour

Elizabethtown
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fenway Park Tour

My son and I are visiting Boston soon. We have tickets to a game and would like to take the Fenway Park tour the next day. It looks like you cannot buy them in advance. It says the first tour is at 9 and it is first come, first serve. Any suggestions as to what time we should arrive to try to get a tour ticket for sometime that day? Also, we are attending a night game. What kind of pregame activities can we expect?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fenway Park Tour

Tour groups are rather large so I don't expect you'll have an issue getting tour tickets. I am going there with a school group this Wednesday and will try to remember to inquire. As far as pre-game, you can enter the park 90 minutes prior to the game (Monday-Thurs); two hours before (Fri-Sunday). It's a great time to wander around the park, catch part of batting practice and soak in the atmosphere. Here's a link to some promotional information. …mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp… Also, you could choose to hang around Yawkey Way, or Lansdowne Street and grab a bite to eat before entering Fenway.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fenway Park Tour

Get to both at least 30 minutes prior. Pre-game activities? It is the 100th anniversary so there is more then usual going on. Check their web or call.

Elizabethtown
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fenway Park Tour

Thanks for the info

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fenway Park Tour

Mary - I asked the folks who give tours their advice. They said your best bet is the tours earlier in the day. If you go on a 9 or 10 a.m. tour, you'd purchase your tickets right at the souvenir store which opens at 9 a.m. They suggested you come 10 minutes before the store opens. If you go later, you need to go to the box office which opens at 10 a.m. We had a terrific tour guide today. Very knowledgeable.

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fenway Park Tour

I was there on Saturday and all tickets had been sold out for the day by noon. SO the earlier, the better.

For pre-game activities, since you are with your son, I won't list the bars that I did before the Sat night game... Yawkey Way is closed off and you need to show your ticket to get onto it where its kind of a street fair - face painting, different exhibits, etc. Then you can go straight into the park to watch Batting Practice (just the Road Team). This starts 2 hours before the game and is a great time. I usually go straight into the park and walk around it.

6. Re: Fenway Park Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 12:41