We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Second time to Boston first time solo!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Second time to Boston first time solo!

Hi,

I'm travelling to Boston in August i will only be there a few days. I will of just turned 21 a month earlier before i go also.

I just wanted to know a couple of things.

- What are you top 10 things to do that you would recommend?

- What places are best for food/eating alone?

Any other helpful advice you may have?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Second time to Boston first time solo!

Hi, we really don't know what your interests are so it is difficult to provide you wih a Top 10 list that will work for you. Why don't you spend some time here on Trip Advisor & see what is available & come back with more specific questions. As for dining alone - where will you be staying? Again, the more information you provide, the more helpful we can be!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Second time to Boston first time solo!

I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott.

As for my interests I would love to see a baseball game, do some shopping but then also see the sights. I'm quite grown up and the main reason i'm doing it is too see what else is out there in the world, so I have nothing specific.

Thanks

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Second time to Boston first time solo!

Well, we need specific. Check this website for ideas. You can also use the search tool above for questions like "Where to dine alone".

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Second time to Boston first time solo!

Rachel, the thing is, we could each tell you OUR ten top things, but then it would sort of be our trip, wouldn't it? If you tell us a bit about the sorts of things you enjoy we can steer you in the right direction. Shopping? Museums?

If you go to redsox.com there are tickets available for some home games, but they're pricey. Very good fun though.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Second time to Boston first time solo!

There is no need to buy sox tix in advance this season. Wait until you get here and check the tix office and stub hub. Stub hub on the day of the game has been releasing tix for $3.75.

Fenway also has a non scalping zone where tix can only be sold for face or less then face value. It is a buyers market.

If you buy in advance you chance a rain delay as well.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Second time to Boston first time solo!

I like shopping, sports, museums, history, walking and food! Experiencing new things.

Thanks for the Ticket tips also :)

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Second time to Boston first time solo!

Do a walking tour of the Freedom Trail, Beacon Hill and Back Bay. Stroll Newbury Street. Take in a Red Sox game or do a tour of Fenway Park. Visit the Museum of Fine Arts and Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. That should go a long way for you.

8. Re: Second time to Boston first time solo!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:15