We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute Red Sox tickets

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
100 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute Red Sox tickets

I am planning to go to the Red Sox game this Saturday or Sunday with my 17 year old son. we are hoping to spend $50-$60 per ticket. Should I buy tickets before we get there or get them in the no scalping area (read about that on trip advisor!)? There seems to be a lot of tickets available now. If I buy now, any certain ticket locations in the park you'd suggest?

One other thing.....we don't want to stand in line for hours getting tickets.

I appreciate your help.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute Red Sox tickets

You really do not need to buy in advance. The non scalping zone is a buyers market. Stub hub on the day of the game is releasing tix for below face. Also try the sox fix office.

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute Red Sox tickets

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28942-i47-k539066…

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute Red Sox tickets

I would avoid any seats in the RF Corner as they tend to face away from home plate and are extremely cramped. I try to sit even with either one of the dugouts (pricewise these are slightly higher than what you are looking for but they give you the best view. Note: May still have a pole blocking your view). Or look for seats in the bleachers (still with the front section if behind the bullpens in RF or the sections in straightaway CF). You can get seats on the Sox website so play around.

I use this seat to look at choices.

http://www.preciseseating.com/

Quincy...
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
5,849 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute Red Sox tickets

You can try ACE ticket, as mentioned the demand for Sox tickets is WAY down this year, and I've heard they are selling tickets close to face value.

The Scalping corner is also a good option, but remember not to pay much over face value there either.

Stay away from Field Level Box or Grandstand seats in Sections 1-10, if at all possible. Those are the ones that force to sit turned to your left for the entire game, and have hoards of people walking constantly in your line of sight for the game.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute Red Sox tickets

There are quite a few seats out there for the Saturday game right now on redsox.com. The must of recently released some tickets since there are 2 sections with large amounts of seats

View the seats by seat map. I would take the section closer to the bleacher section since it has a more straight-on view

Louisiana
Level Contributor
145 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute Red Sox tickets

Does this same philosophy (buying tix in the non-scalping area the day of the game and/or below face value on StubHub) also apply for the Red Sox vs. Yankees series? I know that always is a popular series, even when the Red Sox aren't doing great... Thanks!

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute Red Sox tickets

My knowledge of the non scalping area is that they cannot go over face value. Thus the definition of non scalping. Possibly beantown has experience and would elaborate on why he thinks people are charging over face in this area.

Even for the yankee series I would hold off. Season tix holders are taking a beating and will be trying to recoup their investment.

8. Re: Last minute Red Sox tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:17