We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

Could one of you Boston experts give me directions from the airport via the "T" to the John Jeffries House, Beacon HIll? I know I can get from the airport back in to the city without problem. Just need to know what line we will take and which stop is closest? Thanks

Winchester...
Level Contributor
6,113 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

Mbta.com can tell you but why not just take a taxi?

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

Just trying to save a few bucks....we only have carry-ons...estimate on a taxi?

boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

This is really easy. Take a Silver Line bus (currently free) from the airport to South Station. Transfer to the Red Line inbound (toward Alewife) and go 3 stops to Charles/MGH Station. John Jeffries House is just across from the station. Exit the station, turn left, walk to the curb. You will see it on the right diagonally across the intersection.

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

Thanks wbp..... been to Boston once before and rode the "T" all over the place.. it's great transportation.. Would it be crazy to think we could walk it from South Station? or am I way off base here?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

It's a long walk from South Station. I would take the Red Line Subway - and it's free!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

The transfer from Silver to Red lines at South Station is very easy -- you just walk up a set of stairs (or use the elevator, which is very large due to the number of passengers with luggage). Getting off at Charles will put you right across the street from the inn -- much easier than walking from South Station -- you can save the scenic stroll for later.

If you decide to take a taxi, it would be in the range of $30.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 01:08
boston, ma
Level Contributor
989 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

One more note about the transfer at South Sta. The Red Line is one level DOWN from the Silver Line. When you get off the Silver Line bus, turn right and look for Red Line signs. The stairs are near the end of the platform. There's also an elevator.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

Thanks for correcting my error -- the Red line is indeed downstairs. (In my mind, I was making the trip in the other direction!)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
6,347 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

If you dont mind a short walk which seems to be the case given yur question about walking from South Station, you can take the blue line from the airport to Bowdoin (if you are traveling on weekdays till 6 PM) and walk a few blocks (1/2 mile) down Cambridge St. After 6 PM or on weekends even Government Center stop on the Blue Line is just a bit further (0.6 mi).

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
355 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking the "T" from the airport to John Jeffries House

Thanks to you all!