We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelor Party June

Which Boston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
Bachelor Party June

About 16 of us are heading to Boston for 3 days for a Bachelor party. We are all between 28-31, and like to have a fun time, but are not looking for craziness. We like good food, and cool bars (not the "club" scene).

We have golf lined up at The Country Club on Thursday (complements of the groom's fathers connection) and we got 16 tickets on top of the Monster on Saturday night. Besides that, it's all open.

I personally have from about 9am-4pm to kill before anyone arrives on Thursday. What should I check out? Also, what are some fun bars we should go to, restaurants to eat at, things to do, ect.

Thank you all in advance for your help and suggestions! I've been wanting to go to Boston for a long long time!

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelor Party June

I've read some of the other BP posts... Just trying to get some more updated suggestions

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
23,033 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelor Party June

When is this visit and where are you staying?

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelor Party June

Staying in Back Bay area and coming June 21st. I don't want to jinx anything, but the Celtics would be playing at home that weekend if they make it... Would be cool to go to a bar near the arena to watch the game and join in on the excitement!

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelor Party June

For the seven hours to kill, the freedom trail first thing in the morning is s nice take.

Later in the early afternoon if a nice day, Newbury street is always a good place to spend an hour or two. It still is s place of high fashion, international culture and beautiful sights.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelor Party June

Golf at The Country Club--that's pretty special. Should be fun.

Are you interested in a Fenway Park tour? Both Sam Adams and Harpoon breweries offer tours as well.

If it's nice weather, it's great to get out on the water--harbor cruise, cruise out to the harbor islands, or a whale watch.

Agree that for your arrival, you should walk around (Boston is pretty compact) and check out restaurants and areas that you may want to return to when everyone arrives.

In the Seaport area there are a lot of new restaurants (with bars) right on the harbor--Jerry Remy's sports bar, a huge Legal Seafood, a Mexican restaurant, and a steak house. Would make a good dinner destination.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelor Party June

I definitely want to line up a dinner on Friday night at a cool spot- maybe overlooking the water? Nothing super fancy- just a "Boston" restaurant/ bar where we can have good food, good beer (or brown liquor) and a cool atmosphere possibly overlooking the water...

Any suggestions?

Manhattan
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelor Party June

Check this out--

Boston Sail Loft Restaurant

80 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02110-3614

617-227-7280

Great reviews on TA. No idea if they can accommodate your party.

Steve

Easton...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bachelor Party June

Call the daily catch at their seaport location. Outside seating and plenty of room for 16.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
651 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bachelor Party June

I like Strega Waterfront. The food is really good, and it has a great bar area and, to me, an overall cool vibe.

10. Re: Bachelor Party June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:42